DNBForum Sample Pack COMPETITION! (06/10/2017 - 03/11/2017)

SteveR94

PUNK ASS JUNGLE BUNNY
VIP Junglist
Gentlemen, it's time for the DnBForum competition to begin, as hosted by K2T & Manu:

Here are the rules:

1) Track has to be made using solely the samples, any external samples will lead to disqualification.
2) The choice of which samples to use are completely up to you, as is the way in which you use them.
3) Any genre is welcome, so don't feel bad if you're not inspired to make DnB.
4) You are free to collab with a fellow forum member, although please let us know who the collab is between.
5) For obvious reasons, K2T & Manu are banned from entering the competition, as it is their samples.
6) Try and be creative, don't just copy samples in without editing them, we want to see originality.
7) Winners will be decided by K2T & Manu.
8) All submissions will be available to listen to in a separate thread, forum members are free to feedback each other on the tracks.

The prize for the winner is a Yamaha TG100.
K2T and Manu will also list 3 people each who will get an honourable mention title, in other words, extra bragging rights. :teeth:

Best of luck everybody, the competition will run from the 6th October to the 3rd November, deadline at 17:59 GMT! PM me your submissions! :D

DOWNLOAD THE SAMPLE PACK HERE

Last edited:
@Dark Lizardro @RUSSLA @Dannyboy93 @Verva @logikz @Snowyz @scrTchs @SIRUS @MARKLAR @maschinistom @Mania @Birkett beatz @IV4 @Derelicts Of Tomorrow @Brex @Dynamicz @Menosance @MentalFrame @Kyba @Smart-E @Henry Drum & Bass @Morah @wingz @Dumpster @Polymer

Hopefully some of the producers ive tagged would like to get involved? I know theres many more so spread the news if you can.

A plethora of samples in there from various sources that i reckon you will find inspiration from, good luck to anyone who enters the comp and thanks for checking.

Though I was hoping for a few more in number ... some quite good, workable samples in the pack, well done !! :2thumbs:

I suggest to upload all tracks without artist name before NOV3 ... u know why.

Also, the winner should provide proof only samples from this pack has been used, if unable to do so is automatically disqualified. This way we avoid good sounding but fake tracks to win .. so plastic snakes take note!

Everyone good luck & looking forward to hearing some awesome tracks from u chaps! Mine is almost ready ... ;)

arkin_laser_lab.gif

Last edited:
Though I was hoping a few more ... some quite good, workable samples in the pack
all samples are good. None is lacking the sonic power they’re made for, none were overcompressed.

The way you do your music with provided material is what defines who you are as producer. Which means: if those samples are not done to YOUR taste, make them feel like YOUR taste.

Or is that cheating? :teeth:

Dude, that is obvious. U clearly haven’t read my comment. Some chaps will try to use other sounds/samples .. this is what is to be prevented, isn’t it?

X5EvA.gif

Last edited:
Though I was hoping for a few more in number ... some quite good, workable samples in the pack, well done !! :2thumbs:

In some sense, you could take this as a bigger challenge, make what you can from limited samples, but thanks for the feedback, I'll take that in consideration for the next one!

suggest to upload all tracks without artist name before NOV3 ... u know why.

I see why you say this, but seeing as the winner(s) are decided by the judges rather than public voting, I don't really see much point in this and would rather like to show off what each producer has made. Having said this, I might put up a public vote to see which producer can have bragging rights, in which case secrecy could be good.

Last edited:
Alrighty. So wheres my tag? :teeth: lol

Im in on this , checking the samples now. May do this one with one of my buddies, we'll see

Just downloaded the pack, tons of usable stuff in here, i've already got like 3-4 ideas in my head, ranging from 120 house to 174 dnb mayhem.

Great pack guys, i'm stoked to see how other people are going to bend and twist these into new things.

Alrighty. So wheres my tag? :teeth: lol

Sorry, I barely know anyone in production hence me not tagging people :lol:

Just downloaded the pack, tons of usable stuff in here, i've already got like 3-4 ideas in my head, ranging from 120 house to 174 dnb mayhem.

Great pack guys, i'm stoked to see how other people are going to bend and twist these into new things.

And thanks! We were hoping that people may have ideas that aren't just DnB, certainly makes things a bit more exciting to listen to. :D

@Dark Lizardro @RUSSLA @Dannyboy93 @Verva @logikz @Snowyz @scrTchs @SIRUS @MARKLAR @maschinistom @Mania @Birkett beatz @IV4 @Derelicts Of Tomorrow @Brex @Dynamicz @Menosance @MentalFrame @Kyba @Smart-E @Henry Drum & Bass @Morah @wingz @Dumpster @Polymer

Hopefully some of the producers ive tagged would like to get involved? I know theres many more so spread the news if you can.

A plethora of samples in there from various sources that i reckon you will find inspiration from, good luck to anyone who enters the comp and thanks for checking.
I just got out of rehab and am temporarily living in a sober house so I'm gonna have to sit this one out unfortunately

I just got out of rehab and am temporarily living in a sober house so I'm gonna have to sit this one out unfortunately

Not to worry, health comes first, hope you pull through properly man!
There'll be a competition after this soon, maybe start of the new year so maybe we'll see you then. :D

Back
Top Bottom