DnB DNBFORUM RADIO???

Im always around if needed. Another good idea that only needs a little backing to start. Important to bear in mind that it could be a bit soul destroying to start with, but if people are willing to muck in its a no brainer.

Dude I'm telling you I have enough experience with this that I think we can make it happen without too many growing pains

We had a radio button linking over to mixlr a couple years back for live radio - http://mixlr.com/dnbforumradio/

I'm currently working on a media gallery which would enable uploads or embedded media but this would be suited to a more podcast style radio.

To be honest I'm not really a fan of that broadcasting site I have some other ideas in mind and will hit you up about it privately so we can discuss it further big up his brother :rasta:

The idea was thought of a while back, I used to listen to bassdrive years back and liked the idea of having the radio system embedded on the main site (which i hassled admin to try and they tried hard)

Think there was some tech issues, plus there was the whole organising issue aswell, there was a thread i made in general a while back and the interest was immense, but i gotta be honest and be a debbie downer alot of people give false promise and either just simply forget to meet expectations or real life things happens which can throw spanners in the works, Im going from previous experience doing podcasts.production mixes etc. in the past, as much as i absolutely loved doing them, it was an utter ball-ache to organise, radio seems even more of an obstacle to get right, if its half-assed and not everyone is fully involved then it won't work.

Im sure with plenty of years of broadcasting sounds nice, but its just not as simple as that, just my 2 cents, however i think maybe a podcast/monthly production mix like we used to do is way more viable much easier to execute(altho still a ball-ache to do)

The idea was thought of a while back, I used to listen to bassdrive years back and liked the idea of having the radio system embedded on the main site (which i hassled admin to try and they tried hard)

Think there was some tech issues, plus there was the whole organising issue aswell, there was a thread i made in general a while back and the interest was immense, but i gotta be honest and be a debbie downer alot of people give false promise and either just simply forget to meet expectations or real life things happens which can throw spanners in the works, Im going from previous experience doing podcasts.production mixes etc. in the past, as much as i absolutely loved doing them, it was an utter ball-ache to organise, radio seems even more of an obstacle to get right, if its half-assed and not everyone is fully involved then it won't work.

Im sure with plenty of years of broadcasting sounds nice, but its just not as simple as that, just my 2 cents, however i think maybe a podcast/monthly production mix like we used to do is way more viable much easier to execute(altho still a ball-ache to do)

So then the archive would kick in.... and your attitude towards something potentially very positive sucks bro, just cuz it didn't work once you never wanna try again, kinda sad, oh well haters gonna hate but ya ain't gonna brake my stride yo ;)

Last edited:

I mean shit the first time I threw a major event with Dara and a K 1200 booked it kind of bombed but that didn't stop me from trying again that's the problem with you youngsters you give up too easy

i agree on a lot of levels Derelicts, TJs experience isn't to be sniffed at though.

Lot can be learned from experience as I'm sure you know. So if your serious let's keep him onside :lol:

If I could I'd like to know some more about where you plan on hosting? I suggest also for this month maybe a podcast? See if something like this organisable on a small timescale? Then the big guns maybe? If things prove simple enough I'm sure all the mods would be onboard and supportive.

Last edited:
I hate this shit idea. It's going to sink like the Bismarck.

Also, me Justin would be happy to do a live vinyl set, or maybe even digital. But I don't know digital equipment. Also, call me back, I want your sweet ass.

well, i'll try and make a slightly positive post through gritted teeth here, im too busy with primary school homework apparently.

I was going to write a longer response the other night to this thread, maybe it sounded very negative, by all means it's not, just pointing out stuff which has worked and which hasn't, I pointed out alot of positives the forum had and the podcast has always been the most successful means of people knowing the forum, we haven't had that ina while so maybe that would be more of ideal idea, Radio is a nice idea its just not gonna get the views you might expect, the Podcast idea is so much beneficial in the long run, i personally couldnt give a fuck about some looped mixes on a station, just being honest. We tried we "failed" means it just never worked is such bullshit, we put alot of effort in trying shit on this forum, its quite insulting to say that to be honest. But hey i have school in the morning.

well, i'll try and make a slightly positive post through gritted teeth here, im too busy with primary school homework apparently.

I was going to write a longer response the other night to this thread, maybe it sounded very negative, by all means it's not, just pointing out stuff which has worked and which hasn't, I pointed out alot of positives the forum had and the podcast has always been the most successful means of people knowing the forum, we haven't had that ina while so maybe that would be more of ideal idea, Radio is a nice idea its just not gonna get the views you might expect, the Podcast idea is so much beneficial in the long run, i personally couldnt give a fuck about some looped mixes on a station, just being honest. We tried we "failed" means it just never worked is such bullshit, we put alot of effort in trying shit on this forum, its quite insulting to say that to be honest. But hey i have school in the morning.

I know what kind of views to expect in the beginning, but hey you gotta start somewhere. No one flies to the top of Mount Everest and then casually strolls down it. I've been doing this almost two decades bro. Sorry I got shitty with you before but you can relax dude it's not personal towards you... unless we've met, which I'm pretty sure we haven't so please chill out I was not starting a fight or trying to insult you I was simply pointing out your negativity bro sheesh...

Also if you were to read the thread more closely you can easily see I immediately point out that I myself have put a lot of effort into something that didn't work out as I had hoped. Meaning it happens to all of us but it doesn't mean we should NEVER try something again.

Have a good day at school bro ;)

Last edited:
I think a weekly podcast may be easier to get going, manage, and promote? then go from there? Just my two cents. Id like to see something like this come alive.

If things get up and running, I'd be interested. Used to do a weekly show on Junglised.co.uk. Every show was recorded and whenever someone wasn't playing live, the archive would kick in and select random recordings. We all had mics when doing the show, you should hear my me as master of ceremonies. It's like Bruce Forsyth having a stroke.

most likel
If things get up and running, I'd be interested. Used to do a weekly show on Junglised.co.uk. Every show was recorded and whenever someone wasn't playing live, the archive would kick in and select random recordings. We all had mics when doing the show, you should hear my me as master of ceremonies. It's like Bruce Forsyth having a stroke.

seemingly this is not gonna happen but I'm back on JungleTrain.net so no worries =)

Back
Top Bottom