DnB DNBFORUM RADIO???

Derelicts Of Tomorrow

Founded 1977
VIP Junglist
Anyone else interested in helping me convince the mods to let this happen? I've been broadcasting on various stations including but not limited to JungleTrain.net, ScratchNSpin.net, 96.5 HUSH FM, bassdrive etc...

Anyways, I think this would be fairly simple to put together and I'd even volunteer to spearhead the idea...

What are your all's thoughts?

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

:2thumbs:

Glad u threw a thread up on this...I just said the forum needed radio show today in chat. I think this would be a great way to promote the forum and draw in new members. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

I mean to kick things off we (and by we I mean anyone on the forum) can submit a request for a timeslot to me (if it's cool with the mods) and I can start out by a least compiling a lineup schedule for on air time. If you are interested, simply submit a 30 minute or more mix to me at dotdnb@gmail.com (subject title: DNBFORUM RADIO). My vision is to have 24/7 music but also commentary from the show hosts regarding upcoming events in their area, new tunes in the talent section, maybe a quick equipment review, etc, so it's ya know, like a legit station. I already have an avenue to broadcast from that I can share with everyone, but would love it to be attached to the forum. kinda like JungleTrain.net except they don't really say anything just plays music. Not knocking them I just find it to be a bit less entertaining because you cannot really form a connection with the show host in my opinion.

Yeah its all up to @dnbforum. I think it has been tried before, but I cant remember how it all went down, somebody else with a memory better than mine would be much better to ask

Yeah it has been tried before as jmz said, in various different guises, some "established" artists have done guest mixes etc in the past etc etc & our own finest doing mixes/interviews/reviews etc, I just don't think previously it was given the attention/exposure it needed...

Its probs a good look, just the platform to broadcast technically would be the key imo, i'm pretty sure technical issues in the sense of people being able to broadcast smoothly from home etc was a massive hitch/hold back before...

I could be wrong...

I know its dnbforum, but personally with the boundaries becoming evermore blurred & people not so obsessed with sticking to one genre musically & in terms of influences etc, I would like to see a multi-genre platform for it, broaden the target audience & break up any potential monotony.

You have to look to things like the mixlr's that are done on here as indication to the kind of response you're going to receive though, with the utmost respect in the world, the forum "hardcore" as it were do mixlr's & everybody makes as much effort as pos to tune in & advertise it in waffle if they're broadcasting, there was a thread in general back in the day too... But the traffic on the whole was/is very minimal... I think you would have to do something on a large scale promotionally across the site & externally to generate any sort of established station/audience if thats the sort of thing you're looking for...

My 2 cents anyway...

Last edited:
Yeah its all up to @dnbforum . I think it has been tried before, but I cant remember how it all went down, somebody else with a memory better than mine would be much better to ask

thanks JMZ....u should do one if they get it going. When I first started posting here I thought your name stood for jamz maloney which i always thought would be a great radio name.....or an ABA player

Jamz Maloney

file_38167_0_arton549.jpg

that sucks, well I plan to start a broadcast anyways so I guess I'll go unaffiliated for now no biggie just a fun idea I wanted to share

I don't think it's shot down yet TBH.....I think a show is a good idea but i don't think it has to be live IMO. We could just have sets sent in and published on the radio. I don't see people being able to cover all time slots and people wanting what they would consider to be prime time slots. Could just end up being a lot to deal with and a lot of bitching. But if people did there shows on their own time and sent them in to be played and replayed then it's no big deal. Like me I use to listen to Bassdrive but I didn't tune in at specific times for certain shows just tuned in when i had time. Of course the listens would be minimal at first but like anything it takes time to build something. Just some quick thoughts.

Maybe you should PM @dnbforum and see what he thinks.

Yeah it has been tried before as jmz said, in various different guises, some "established" artists have done guest mixes etc in the past etc etc & our own finest doing mixes/interviews/reviews etc, I just don't think previously it was given the attention/exposure it needed...

Its probs a good look, just the platform to broadcast technically would be the key imo, i'm pretty sure technical issues in the sense of people being able to broadcast smoothly from home etc was a massive hitch/hold back before...

I could be wrong...

I know its dnbforum, but personally with the boundaries becoming evermore blurred & people not so obsessed with sticking to one genre musically & in terms of influences etc, I would like to see a multi-genre platform for it, broaden the target audience & break up any potential monotony.

You have to look to things like the mixlr's that are done on here as indication to the kind of response you're going to receive though, with the utmost respect in the world, the forum "hardcore" as it were do mixlr's & everybody makes as much effort as pos to tune in & advertise it in waffle if they're broadcasting, there was a thread in general back in the day too... But the traffic on the whole was/is very minimal... I think you would have to do something on a large scale promotionally across the site & externally to generate any sort of established station/audience if thats the sort of thing you're looking for...

My 2 cents anyway...
I've been broadcasting for 17+ years and am confident I can make this work. As for timeslots and having music playing 24 seven etc. and people doing pre-recorded mixes I just feel like people cannot connect with the host on a pre-recorded mix plus chat rooms create lots of extra listeners I've been doing this a long time and I think that we could start out with scheduled time slots for whoever wants to dedicate themselves and then in the meantime have archives play pre-recorded stuff to fill in the gap's

I've been broadcasting for 17+ years and am confident I can make this work. As for timeslots and having music playing 24 seven etc. and people doing pre-recorded mixes I just feel like people cannot connect with the host on a pre-recorded mix plus chat rooms create lots of extra listeners I've been doing this a long time and I think that we could start out with scheduled time slots for whoever wants to dedicate themselves and then in the meantime have archives play pre-recorded stuff to fill in the gap's

That's actually what I meant about the pre recorded....I didn't mean all of them. Prolly should have clarified a little better.

Back
Top Bottom