DNBForum Production Competition

Re: Production Competition rules. place you suggestions

if you could put both the rex and wav files in there that'd be cool

If you do alter the sample untill it is unrecognizable make sure you remember how you did it.

If you do alter the sample untill it is unrecognizable make sure you remember how you did it.

i did it my way :P No afaik processing means literally that u can put fx on a sample, but not resample it, i.e. boucin the wav out and reimport it in the sampler. If no synths allowed, resampling should be ok, because some DAW have not so much option to process samples. But with the ableton sampler for example u can put fm modulation on a sample, resample, put filter on it.... u can get pretty much sounds, thats, why i was pro synths. I like it more to make my sounds directly in a synth than by resampling of samples, but i know latter way is pretty popular, so im fine with it

thats fine mate. you can resample all you want, you can zoom down to sample level and make your own soundwaves, you can do anything you like, as long as you dont use any other sound sources. i dont want to have to ask people to keep notes on their workflow, and im sure that everyone is prepared to play fair and try their best. but just in case, if we do hear anything that is blatantly cheating, then the firm hand of justice shall penetrate your anus...

So here's an example where I can see problems for me.....as a Reason user would I be allowed to use the passthrough routing e.g audioln 1+2 of thor as long as the oscillotors and shapers of the synth etc aren't used and are turned off ?? Strictly speaking that wouldn't be synthesising any sounds just passing the samples through some extra modifiers..............but as a synth would be instantiated it makes it a bit of a grey area

yeah. that would be fine. you can use z3ta as an FX aswell, i see no problem with that, as long as you dont synthesize ^^

okkkkkk

So we are only allowed to use the sounds you send us. That means you will be sending kicks, snares, fx, everything that would be required? No other sounds at all except what it sent.

RIght?

funny-pictures-racoon-yes.jpg
. ::D

without sounding like a twat.
i love hearing peoples choices of snares and percussion, granted we can work with what we're given and make it sound better, but surely a few bits and bobs can be added? what if we found a drum fill that complemented it perfectly :<

what if we found a drum fill that complemented it perfectly :<
you'd keep it for another tune..

im giving far more sounds than you'll ever need to make a decent tune. if we allow people to start adding stuff of their own, then we might as well just say "submit a tune", and we have tune showcase for that. the whole point here is to take a challenge and learn how to deal with projects that limit your options. and trust me, when you see the sample pack you will realise that you are not limited at all.
(y)

Last edited:

its friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Back
Top Bottom