Dnbforum Production Competition VOTING!

Competion Voting: select your favourite tune

• Total voters

subprime

Dysjoint
VIP Junglist
So, the entries are in! All made from the same sample pack and in some way inspired by the theme of Water.

Have a listen and vote for your favourite tune. The top 3 tunes will be passed onto the judges who will decide on the over-all winner.
Voting will go for one week and everybody is welcome, from a quick listen to an in-depth analysis on the transient design of the snare drum. The more votes the better!

Cheers to all the competitors, great job, and may the best man win!

Last edited:
That moment when you spot something you forgot to fix before submitting... fuck.

Anyways, some seriously sick entries here!! Best of luck everyone.

Yo respect to all entries! :)

Least I could do is vote

all cool tunes, came down to B and D for me

Was really hard to choose between then but I choose B as I could picture a sort of underwater vibe/theme with that one more so that D!

:)

is k a track? not tryna kid, im saying coz it's only 1min 57secs and sounds like 2 tunes. already voted and all the tunes sound amazing. good luck everyone that entered!

Some great tracks here, I enjoyed them all but some stood out, I almost voted for c (it was my favorite track) But in the end i voted for L because it sounded a bit different even though mixing wasn't the best. I found the pads the hardest to make from the samples or at least hard to get one I liked that's why i chose L over the rest.

is k a track? not tryna kid, im saying coz it's only 1min 57secs and sounds like 2 tunes. already voted and all the tunes sound amazing. good luck everyone that entered!

We don't have any expectations on track length or structure, whatever you come up with is all good! K has some personality to it. (like adhd personality maybe)

Agreed that C and L stick in my mind as being excellent, there were others I can't remember, but all the tracks had at the very least a section that was really good and lots of cool sounds going on all over the shop.

heres what i thought after a couple of listens
A is very light weight but i like the bubbly drum sound, and its got original vocals and all, great effort.
B is totally fking kick ass, top tune for me
L however got my vote for being the one with the strongest water motif.
C is neurostep techfunk tour de force. excellent work.
G i really like the atmosphere on this one
D the 2nd bassline rocks, you really got it together on the 2nd drop.
E great intro, so flowing and ambient. drop not so good, i found the bass wonky.
F great sound all around but the bassline seems to be out of synch
H lush, beautiful, different. very pro.
I nice intro, found the bass synth wonky
J torque styled song, nice classic dnb
K its kind of cool. but rather eccentric. sounds like someone twisted this thing absent mindedly and on the go, so to speak.

Between H, I and L for me, C is a complete banger but i dont really see the water motive (i guess that depends on the person though), all in all a lot of great entries!

ok 18 votes, thats nice, we need three clear winners and i dont think 30-40 votes is too much to ask for, so everybody put a link to the voting in their sig, ill see if i can get a banner generated from some website or whatever, brb

lolcat-says-proceed-lol-cat-funny-epiclosers.jpg

ok so the online banner generators suck, they look like html from the early 90s, useless.
also, turns out i suck at making banners too, looks even worse.
i came up with this, its called 'amazing grace'
2rptk4n.gif

taken me a couple of days to vote, standard is really high. well done lads

Back
Top Bottom