dnbforum production competition spring 2012

logikz

I Am Not The King
Start date – 3/8/2012
Submission deadline - 4/8/2012*
Voting commences – 4/8/2012
Voting ends – 4/22/2012
Winners Announced - 1/5/2012, so the judges get a week to write their reviews.
*subject to change depending on how many entries we get.

Competition staff members:
im hosting and doing an entry for the compo
labrat did the sample pack (props labrat!)

judges:
michael garbe
, blues guitarist, will write reviews on the three top rated tunes.
devon miles, seasoned dutch house producer http://soundcloud.com/room_of_close_associates
toejam seasoned dnb dj veteran and most harmonious human being, you all know this man, lets hear it for toejams!
nacon aka vidual neuro producer (if he would forgive me for saying so) who has contributed a demo track
only made with samples from the sample pack (and a shit load of resampling, which is his modus operandi).
A heavy warped funky stepper of a track that i wouldve voted for had he entered it in the compo, but he graciously decided
to sign up as a judge, and use the track as a demo track, there has been some critique against the sample pack, for being a too incomprehensive and unprocessed, Nacons tune took him an afternoon and demonstrates what can be done with this sample pack if you have a little bit of inspiration and the divine light inside of you

CONCEPT OF THIS COMPETITION: MAKE THE MOST FUTURISTIC DNB.
what would drum and bass sound like in a hundred years from now?

THE SAMPLE PACK:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49452552/Rorys future samplepack.zip

REZIPPED SAMPLE PACK
now working with XP, vista and windows 7, thanks to miszt for the fixup
Rors future samplepack__ReZIP.zip - 62.96MB

Rules:
- One tune per member. Non members are welcome to join the board and take part.
- Tunes must somehow be drum n bass. From Bossa Nova to Skullstep, any style is
welcome just as long as it feels like dnb and is very very futuristic. Whatever that means to you, this is up to you to decide.
Is it retro futuristic, like the jetsons? Back II the Future trilogy? Is it doomy futuristic like Ridley Scotts Alien?
Or is it weird futuristic like the sex helmets and three sea shells in Demolition Man?
You get the idea, these are
just films to illustrate the point.
- Only sounds from the sample pack. Go crazy with any processing that you can think of,
but no additional samples, synths, or recordings
you are however allowed to record vocals, singing, rapping, spoken word.
but no funny business with beat boxing or making synths out of it, it has to be vocals.
you can record whom ever you like.
- Remember to keep notes of your processing, as you may be asked to prove how you
came up with any sounds in your tune. this has never happened but it could.

Submission guidelines:
- Render only to mp3, 320 Kbps.
- Tag you tunes exactly like this: Dnbforum_Production_Competition_2012_[ARTIST]_[TUNE]
- Upload to http://www.sendspace.com and send the link to house.of.ekman@gmail.com

Assessment:
A public thread will be used to provide links to download and preview the submissions.
All tunes will remain anonymous to ensure a fair vote. Any entrant or members found to be
identifying and/or promoting tunes publicly or in private, will be disqualified and banned
from future competitions. The finalists will be decided solely on public opinion.
There will be one winner, one runner up and a peoples choice. The winner gets the prize,
the runner up gets to lose first and peoples choice will be tremendous in veramessitude.

Winners:
There will be a winner and a runner up, and the results will be released at the last minute of 2012
when his name will be engraved on the bottom of the atlantic and mirrored in the sky. Forever.
He will be celebrated locally as well as globally.

The prize: A Behringer effect pedal! Probably the green one.

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions or comments.

Good luck and may the best man win. In the future

Last edited:
FUCK YEAH! Gonna get cracking on this as soon as I get done with class today!

lol. yeah i do but i am always too lazy to sit down and take the time to learn any software. hopefully getting lesson in ableton soon though so all is well! need something like that to give me the drive. as i will be paying for someones time!

thanks buddy! but i copied the original compo thread from 2008. big up labrat though!

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

lol. yeah i do but i am always too lazy to sit down and take the time to learn any software. hopefully getting lesson in ableton soon though so all is well! need something like that to give me the drive. as i will be paying for someones time!

i remember you saying, yes. the world didnt see it coming! tones urban takeover. the thulka-mania. hey you dig on rhubarb?

thanks buddy! but i copied the original compo thread from 2008. big up labrat though!

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

i remember you saying, yes. the world didnt see it coming! tones urban takeover. the thulka-mania. hey you dig on rhubarb?

nah not a massive rhubarb fan actually karlos. if all else fails i will dance on the internetz for moneys

jimbo! thats eight so far,

T:M
ShirPan
Miszt
Lucid
fractal
jimbo

and myself makes seven, so if everybody deliver its shaping up to be a brilliant compo. everybody wont deliver, but so far so good!

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

theres a lot of money in that tone, im telling you. you got a business niche

I'm in too.. Its ok I'm used to being ignored.. Now where did I put those razor blades :D

jimbo! thats eight so far,

T:M
ShirPan
Miszt
Lucid
fractal
jimbo

and myself makes seven, so if everybody deliver its shaping up to be a brilliant compo. everybody wont deliver, but so far so good!

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

theres a lot of money in that tone, im telling you. you got a business niche

Had a quick listen to the samples, sounding good!
I'm going to have to brainstorm and come up with something.

Back
Top Bottom