Dnbforum Production Competition - National Anthems - WINNER!

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
Drum rolllllllllll please ............. And the winner is........

russia-flag.jpg

So here's to the end of another awesome competition! Great entries all round, lots of wicked ideas in the mix, great work everyone!

@$marty and I have done a little write up on the 3 finalists below:

RUSSLA

Track B

This track has so much cool shit going on, lots of variation throughout, the mix down allows for all the elements to be heard. Good effort! Intro is very slick but the structure is a little hard to decipher. The sub, Imo, shouldn’t be so loud and similar to the drop cos it takes away from the impact when it does. Maybe in future use a different baseline for the intro so it’s not so similar. Otherwise nice job!

Track C
Intro sets off a wicked vibe and you’ve incorporated the anthem well. The drop doesn’t feel like a drop again though, it feels like a constant build up as there’s nothing to distinguish what part of the song it’s at. Some cool variation with the drums indeed but much more could have been done to add interest; bassline changes, patch switches, extra basses, risers, etc. Overall pretty cool dark vibe! Nice one!

Track F
Immediately this is on to a winner, that intro is too epic! The strings rock, structure is decent, very well referenced to the anthem. Build up is huge and proper, good work! Wicked bassline, awesome progression into the bridge, can’t really fault the structure. Back into the breakdown which again is proper bayboy! I guess the vocal stretching was a mission to get to work cos all that sounds well messy in the breakdown. Other than that the track is almost perfect. The mix down is really tight but just a bit too bright I think, could lose a bunch of harshness from 10-20khz, maybe a dip between 2-4khz too. Only thing letting it down. Winner by a landslide though! Good bloody effort!

Closing Statement
These are all really solid entries but I have to say a lot can be learnt from Track F, it has all the parts necessary to make a modern day banger so i'm this producer will carry on bringing the heat! What I do love about these comps is that everyone always brings such originality which is more than refreshing so keep up the good work people! You should all be very proud :D

$MARTY

Track B
I really like the palette of sounds used in this entry. This is experimental Drum & Bass at it's finest. Morphing drums and the track seems to mutate as it progresses. Great use of the vocal sample too.

Track C
I'm digging the classic breaks used on Track C. It's captured that late 90's sound. Lovely atmospherics in here too. It's certainly got an eerie vibe to it, which is a good thing.

Track F
This track has made fantastic use of samples on the intro. The dramatic sweeping strings, the tense build up. The drop is absolutely ridiculous. The national anthem breakdown was a great touch too. I could see this going off in the club.

Closing Statement
It was a tough choice as the top 3 entries were solid, but I have to say Track F wins this one for me. This is the kind of track I'd play out. I'd be definitely interested in hearing your original productions.
Well done to the producers behind Tracks B & C. Sterling work gents.

WINNING TRACK

If you missed it, you can find all the entries to the competition here:

https://dnbforum.com/threads/dnbforum-production-competition-national-anthems-voting.197129/

Big up again everyone, looking forward to hearing the next ones!

Yo Contestants everybody tell what track you made! Bragging rights time, and sorry for not having a list for you guys.

What the fuck is happening in the world right now, is everyone unable to understand context and read the text right in front of them?? My girl has asked questions like 'who?' and 'where' in the middle of a conversation which has had the one and same subject the whole fucking time. To tell you the truth, I'm starting to feel pretty lonely, I just don't feel like I can talk to her. I am considering dumping her. Updates to follow, keep an eye on waffles. Xoxoxo

Now, where was I. Ah yes. Ron. You ding dong. F? And Russ did, you utter berk

What the fuck is happening in the world right now, is everyone unable to understand context and read the text right in front of them?? My girl has asked questions like 'who?' and 'where' in the middle of a conversation which has had the one and same subject the whole fucking time. To tell you the truth, I'm starting to feel pretty lonely, I just don't feel like I can talk to her. I am considering dumping her. Updates to follow, keep an eye on waffles. Xoxoxo

Ahhhh shit fuck, i knew there was some genius on that track... Top Work niggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
a
a
a
a
a
a

a
a

Oi you, stop cloggin this up with yur waffle :p

As Ivan said we didnt know who did what, so who was track F then...?

I was F. Thanks for the good words! I thought the comp was a great challenge, was surprised that there wasn't as many contestants as last time

I set out to make something that used as much as the anthem as possible, with my own twist like going from minor to major and including some Russian phrases just for fun! Yeah the vocal stretch was something that I had second thoughts on for a while russla, thought I needed to include the original in at some point, the key was different but it worked, just the tempo that screwed it up

I have a few things lined up in the following months that I have to keep quiet about, but Ill definitely update everyone when it happens!

Big up everyone involved, thanks to the @RUSSLA @$marty @IV4 @Dark Lizardro

I was F. Thanks for the good words! I thought the comp was a great challenge, was surprised that there wasn't as many contestants as last time

I set out to make something that used as much as the anthem as possible, with my own twist like going from minor to major and including some Russian phrases just for fun! Yeah the vocal stretch was something that I had second thoughts on for a while russla, thought I needed to include the original in at some point, the key was different but it worked, just the tempo that screwed it up

I have a few things lined up in the following months that I have to keep quiet about, but Ill definitely update everyone when it happens!

Knew it had to be you. Nice one dude, congrats! :D

I fucking knew it, but that dirty Brazillian would not tell me shit. I love that track man.

I was track c. This one was hard but I had fun putting my track together big ups everyone and congrats @mugatu

HOOLLYYY SHIIIIITTTTT. Never would of guessed it. But ScrTec has been making quality tunes for awhile now. Excellent work Mr. Scrtec, now where can I get some blow. i mean, I'm. totally not drunk..... But dude, dude...
Way fucking awe track. I'm totally drunk, it was my friends b-day. Any way man, great drum work, totally weird atmosphere, I can hear why so many picked you for this awesome track.

BY THE WAY1111 I MEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO PRIZE! SO!OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOO!!!!!!OOOOO!!!!!!!!!!?
CAN we come up with a prize as a group????? Like display the first, or second, or third in our sigs.... or maybe? just maybe...... Gentle men, you need ti answer this, because the work put into this is has been hard. How do we get these tracks played by others?

Jeez, this hangover is real..
So yeah I voted track F and I remember it being close but going with B. As usual humbled by the talent here, big ups guys.

Back
Top Bottom