DNBForum production competition April 2010

moriaty

VIP Junglist
Dnbforum production competition
April 2010

dnbfpc0410banner.jpg

so another challenge for everyone, and one that was possible due to the kind offer by the non-dnb winner of the previous competition, Jim jim jim, by providing the stems from his hard hitting tune "Toxic".
your job is to remix the track. any sort of style of music is welcome, and you're allowed to use any sort of additional sounds you wish. its entirely up to your discretion whether you produce a remix true to the original or a radical rework.

Sample packs:

sendspace.com
mediafire.com

Submit your tune to dnbfpc[at]gmail[dot]com until Tuesday 6th of April.
not much more to say or explain really. Get to work, and thank Jim for his offer!

www.myspace.com/jjdnbproductions
www.reverbnation.com/jjproductions

Timeline:
Competition commences Wednesday 24/03
Tracks can be submitted up until Tuesday 06/04
Public Vote Wednesday 07/04 to Tuesday 13/04
Henceforth judging, and
results Monday 19/04

Prize: Winner’s choice of a Goldbaby sample pack

All finalists of this comp will be featured on the may podcast, alongised with the finalists of the previous competition.

We still have £10.12 left from previous donations, so we only need as much to be able to afford the prize again. Donations, no matter how small, will be greatly appreciated, and Paypal users can forward donations to mmoraitis[at]gmail[dot]com

have fun then!

Last edited:
Not going to get on the bandwagon with this one, have too many other projects running right now, the last comp just got my creative juice flowing again after a while of quiet life with PES 2010. Guess that gives more chance for the rest of you eh? :gslayer: LOL

Anyway good luck to everyone who decides to give it a go, and may the best producer win!

Not going to get on the bandwagon with this one, have too many other projects running right now, the last comp just got my creative juice flowing again after a while of quiet life with PES 2010. Guess that gives more chance for the rest of you eh? :gslayer: LOL

Anyway good luck to everyone who decides to give it a go, and may the best producer win!

hah! but dont go too far mate, you have judging to do (y) :D

I'm going to do some radical processing alright!

Going to whip these thru my korg and all, make some crazy shite!

im also not goin to be on this one i need to concentrate on makin some more funny jum up.
but if theres anyway i can judge id be up for it

im also not goin to be on this one i need to concentrate on makin some more funny jum up.
but if theres anyway i can judge id be up for it

thats a shame man, the track you entered for the last one was a favourite for me

this should be fun!! ive never even done a remix before in my life!!!

*starts slicing drums*

am gonna give this one a go! especially as we can change it up as much as we want and use our own samples n shit.

am gonna give this one a go! especially as we can change it up as much as we want and use our own samples n shit.

if i did it id probly end up with one sample from the tune and a jump up tune!lol

if i did it id probly end up with one sample from the tune and a jump up tune!lol

ha! i have been considering a genre competition for the future actually, but on the less serious side, like "make the most ridiculously over the top screechy jump up tune", or "make the most boring uptight minimal tecknoid tune", or "make the most absolutely happy and gayest liquid tune".
what ya reckon ?! :teeth:

ha! i have been considering a genre competition for the future actually, but on the less serious side, like "make the most ridiculously over the top screechy jump up tune", or "make the most boring uptight minimal tecknoid tune", or "make the most absolutely happy and gayest liquid tune".
what ya reckon ?! :teeth:

that sounds like somethin id be well up for would get you out of wat u normally make.
u shud definatly get this goin

Back
Top Bottom