DNBForum production competition April 2010

dont worry man - i think my entry will be crap - ive been fiddling with it for hours everyday. now i have played it soo much i dont know if i like it any more
but i will submit when i eventually stop pissing about with it

exactly how i feel. it started out simple n nice but i ended adding so much shit in there i cant tell whats happening anymore!

the more freedom i have the easier its gonna be for me. Pretty much the only beats i ever make are originals. Im a synth and drum machine type of guy,,,not much into using other peoples samples. Amateurs often think that sample usage is a quick and simple method to production, but man, learn how to use synths properly and your jobs a breeze. Its awsome when you can think of a sound you want in your track and can just twist a few nobs and there it is...... beats trying to find a sample of what you have in your head. haha or maybe im the only one who hears sounds in my head :rinsed:

The only thing i didnt use was the kick drum sample,, it wasnt great and i have a drum machine sooo... no need for simple ass kik sample.

im interesed to see the different directions people went with this.

the more freedom i have the easier its gonna be for me. Pretty much the only beats i ever make are originals. Im a synth and drum machine type of guy,,,not much into using other peoples samples. Amateurs often think that sample usage is a quick and simple method to production, but man, learn how to use synths properly and your jobs a breeze. Its awsome when you can think of a sound you want in your track and can just twist a few nobs and there it is...... beats trying to find a sample of what you have in your head. haha or maybe im the only one who hears sounds in my head :rinsed:

The only thing i didnt use was the kick drum sample,, it wasnt great and i have a drum machine sooo... no need for simple ass kik sample.

lol.... ok

hmmmm mines sorta gone a bit wierd... im trying to go for a tune that's pretty similar to the original but as there isnt much variation in the original, obviously, i cant stray too far from that in mine... now mine is starting to sound a bit dull... uurgh.

headfuck

intermediate you say, well i shall certainly look forward to that. jimjims tune is very stripped down so it goes from remix to original tune quite quickly if you only stray a little. my remix still needs alot of work but ill be putting in some real work all day tomorrow

AAaaaaagghh.............house hunting has taken over my life. Got 1.30 so far, so I'm going to have a crack at getting that up a bit tonight. Got stuff on during the day today and tomorrow, and I'm working easter mon/tue too. It's going to be tight for tuesday night but at least all the estate agents are off until wednesday so might just get something done in time if I work at it during the next 3 evenings. Quite happy with the 1.30 thats there so hopefully I'm not polishing a turd. Still hoping to get something entered for the craic.

AAaaaaagghh.............house hunting has taken over my life. Got 1.30 so far, so I'm going to have a crack at getting that up a bit tonight. Got stuff on during the day today and tomorrow, and I'm working easter mon/tue too. It's going to be tight for tuesday night but at least all the estate agents are off until wednesday so might just get something done in time if I work at it during the next 3 evenings. Quite happy with the 1.30 thats there so hopefully I'm not polishing a turd. Still hoping to get something entered for the craic.

Copypastecopypaste

This is a rock'n'roll song all the way.
I'm getting into this now.
So is the deadline midnight on Tuesday then?

:jazz_band

Back
Top Bottom