DNBForum & Friends Sample Pack Competition!! (29/12/2017 - 02/03/2018)

SteveR94

PUNK ASS JUNGLE BUNNY
VIP Junglist
Good evening to you all, hope everybody had a fantastic holiday season!
I am proud to say that the sample for the new competition, the DNBForum & Friends competition is now live!

Rules:
1) Track has to be made using solely the samples, any external samples will lead to disqualification.
2) The choice of which samples to use are completely up to you, as is the way in which you use them.
3) Any genre is welcome, so don't feel bad if you're not inspired to make DnB.
4) Try and be creative, don't just copy samples in without editing them, we want to see originality.
5) Winners will be decided by myself and @Manu Forti
6) All submissions will be available to listen to in a separate thread, forum members are free to feedback each other on the tracks.
7) As this is a collaboration competition, I expect the duos to PM me and Manu their track together, so I know who is with who.
8) As this is a collaboration competition, do make sure you pull your weight within your duo, don't let one person do all the work, even if you think they're a better producer than you.

The competition will end on the 2nd March 2018 at 21:00 GMT, so you have two months to blow our socks away!

Collaboration duos that were confirmed as per the last thread (just in case you forgot)

@Henry Drum & Bass x @Leniz
@xiris x @Dark Lizardro
@Verva x @dj-paranoia
@Rounder RG x @scrTchs
@Snowyz x @EvezDroppin
@CTJake x @MARKLAR
@Derelicts Of Tomorrow x @d-low
@Polymer x @Dannyboy93

DOWNLOAD THE SAMPLE PACK HERE

Good luck people!!

Last edited:
This should be interesting, i always find the outcome of collaborations to be so much better than solo ventures... But only if you think it through.
I suggest playing of each others strengths and trying to decide early what style of track you are going to make.
Hope you enjoy the samples gents we tried to make them as diverse as possible. Good luck!

Last edited:
I suggest playing of each others strengths and trying to decide early what style of track you are going to make.

Yes I agree on this, it's how we do our collabs too.

I'd suggest maybe making small sketches for each other for the other person to build on too, could be an efficient workflow.

Anyway, best of luck guys!

Hey guys & forum people --- Happy New Year!

I had some time over the holidays and thought to have a go on this one just for the pleasure of doing it.
Really like the sample pack, some nice pieces, and reminded me of the old days when we had limited resources at hand when creating music.

I think it's very good you're doing these competitions.
It's a good way to learn and exchange with fellow producers.
And strengthens the DNB community. Big up!

I'll have a shout to my friends at Metalhaedz and 31 and to watch out on your track submits here, and especially the winner.
Maybe a chance of getting 1-2 tracks signed up.

Best from Canterbury & Keep the beats breaking in 2018!
Yours, Dominic

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MlE9hxEwFIPYqYDQ7wOcCJ1ZnEqAQz65/view?usp=sharing

play icon.jpg

Last edited:

I had some time over the holidays and thought to have a go on this one just for the pleasure of doing it.
Really like the sample pack, some nice pieces, and reminded me of the old days when we had limited resources at hand when creating music.

I'll have a shout to my friends at Metalhaedz and 31 and to watch out on your track submits here, and especially the winner.

Yours, Dominic

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cXdV7LPtZIGDd-Lgit8BZ6q3YTxFNxEb/view?usp=sharing

View attachment 7643

giphy.gif

I had some time over the holidays and thought to have a go on your mums just for the pleasure of doing it.
Really hate the sample pack, some awful pieces, and reminded me of the old days when we had blacks doing things for us & fucking it up.

And strengthens the DNB community.
(Gays)

I'll have a shout to my friends at

B
C
D
F
G
H
I
J
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
U
X
Z
and be thooper dooper sure to watch out on your track submits here, and especially the wiener.

Mayyyyyyyyybe a chance of getting AT LEAST 75 tracks signed up.

Best from Blue Light District & Keep raping in 2018!
Yours, David (Piss)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

giphy.gif

I had some time over the holidays and thought to have a go on your mums just for the pleasure of doing it.
Really hate the sample pack, some awful pieces, and reminded me of the old days when we had blacks doing things for us & fucking it up.

And strengthens the DNB community.
(Gays)

I'll have a shout to my friends at

B

C

D

F

G

H

I

J

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

U

X

Z

and be thooper dooper sure to watch out on your track submits here, and especially the wiener.
Mayyyyyyyyybe a chance of getting AT LEAST 75 tracks signed up.

Best from Blue Light District & Keep raping in 2018!
Yours, David (Piss)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

This is the reason we can't gain any momentum on this forum...A real legend comes in and gets treated like this......Smh.

Hey Dom....Welcome to the forum!

Yours, Dominic

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MlE9hxEwFIPYqYDQ7wOcCJ1ZnEqAQz65/view?usp=sharing

View attachment 7643

we have a Winner ? :D
welcome to the forum

Don't call him out like this in public, that's not very nice tbh, speak to him in PM!

Also.. 3 weeks till deadline!

sorry mate i know its not the best to say in public but i send him a PM over 2 weeks ago... i really don't know what to do... its supposed to be a collab competition and i don't want to miss but like everyone here i think i work all the week and got little time to spend in music... so 3 weeks for me can mean 6-8 days... if i got not answer until next week will be difficult to do something good together because of the time!

just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom