DnBForum Dancefloor/Jump Up Megamix Mixtape.

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
right, the big man has asked me to oversee the jump up turbo mix up which i dont mind doin at all....

thought i would create a seperate thread so it dont get confusin n what not.

The idea is simple, each DJ plays 4/5 tracks of their choice (depending on the response in this thread) not including teasers.

There are a couple of ways of following on from the previous DJ but the easiest way is if you have the same record as they finish on in your collection. You simply get the recording of the section from the DJ beforehand and beatmatch your copy of the tune to the end of their section.

You record your section starting from the beginning of the track but don't mix your next tune in until after the second drop making the editing together of the sections easier for the man with the plan. (we may need a volunteer here who is a dab hand with editing software)

Then once your section is recorded, you simply upload and send it to whoever is piecing it all together and the next DJ in the list.

let your last tune play out until the end.

the next person mix out of the last tune, and carry on with their set.

jus make sure you pitch is set to 0, send it top me and i will edit them together.

if u want me to chop the previous set down to the last tune for ya so u dont have to skip through the whole set until u mix out jus let me know i will do it, no probs, do ya get me?

do ya get me?

Once your mix is finished, upload and send a copy to whoever is piecing it together and the next DJ.

ALL MIXES MUST BE RECORDED IN 320kbs MP3 QUALITY!

Please reply in this thread if you are interested in doing a section with an idea of what you might play so we can try and structure the mix a little. There's no point going from D-Bridge & Calibre straight into some Hazard & Taxman then jump into some scary tin pot Limewax or dubby Breakage stuff It will be too mish mash so try and think about what your going to play following on from the DJ beforehand.

I will create a list of people in this first post who want to do it, and we will work out an order as we go along.

If you have any questions please ask but im sure i'v covered everything so try not to clog up the thread with too much waffle

You can find the last mix here: http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=60767

I know me the following members was to have a mix....

Muzza
Jamsam2000
Shitme
Hectikz
octopusonfire
Evesdroppin
ZackMRG
Snatch
Karoteur
Mish Mash
Joey AdhD

everyone is goin off sayin they will rec theirs this weekend, i wont work like that, for instance, if muzza goes first, shitme will have to wait for his mix to record out if ya get me. lets get the list of who wants in first then nail it. so DJs let me know, we will look for about 10 or 12.

NO BLAGGED DUBS IN THE MIX, IF YA PLAY A TUNE YA SHOULDNT I WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SWERVE YA, COOL?

TAKE TIME OVER YA MIXES, GET THEM TIGHT, DONT SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST AND BE DIVRSE IN YOUR SELECTION, USE OLD AND NEW BEATS, ITS NOT A COMP TO SEE WHO HAS THE LATEST RECORDS, LETS MAKE THIS A MIX TIGHTER THAN A NUNS NINNIE WITH A DIVERSE JUMP UP AND DANCEFLOOR SELECTION.

WE NEED DJ'S HIT ME UP.

Last edited:
sounds like a good idea but if u mix the same tune into its self doesnt it end up flanging and sounding nasty?

nah, right, the person before u plays their last tune out till the end, then the next person plays the previous set on their CDJ/Laptop/HiFi keeping the pitch at 0 and mix out and send it me, i will put am together on my comp...job done

i will change this on the discription by controller cos i reckon thsi way is the easiest.

sounds like a good idea but if u mix the same tune into its self doesnt it end up flanging and sounding nasty?

You wont be mixing into the same tune.

Download the section from the DJ before you and play it through your speakers. Get your copy of the same track beatmatched to the one playing and then you record your section starting with the same tune at the same tempo. It's then edited together by Joey.

I'l be putting the other mix together (y)

Download the section from the DJ before you and play it through your speakers. Get your copy of the same track beatmatched to the one playing and then you record your section starting with the same tune at the same tempo. It's then edited together by Joey.

nice one i get it now!:D

id like to av a go at this but i dont think my lead will record in good enuff quality.

the only problem with this is u have to have the same tune, i have written another way in the original post, with, no disrespect to you controller, i think will work better, cos u dont need to have the same tune, the u wont hear a switch in the tune cos no one will have the same EQ's,

this is how we did the 1st mixtape and it worked a treat.

namsayin?

Yeah there's pro's and con's of each method that's why I explained them both in the original thread to give people the choice. The problem with the way I jsut explained there is as you said the EQ's & quality will differ as everybody will have different needles/mixers/soundcards/leads etc so there always going to be variables.

Problem with the burning to CDJ & playing then recording means the last track is going to get processed more times than necessary and will loose quality. With all the other variables too it might end up sounding worse, it's going to be trial and error but if you find a way that you're comfortable with and it sounds ok then crack on :D Im not telling you how to do it, just trying to explain the best options.

Ok just checking i done this right.. Did my 5 tune mix, recorded at 320, let the last tune roll out to the end so next DJ has plenty of time to mix their first tune in (if needed)

works out at roughly 10 mins long, so with 10-12 dj's were looking at a good 2 hours :D Perfecto!

Yeah there's pro's and con's of each method that's why I explained them both in the original thread to give people the choice. The problem with the way I jsut explained there is as you said the EQ's & quality will differ as everybody will have different needles/mixers/soundcards/leads etc so there always going to be variables.

Problem with the burning to CDJ & playing then recording means the last track is going to get processed more times than necessary and will loose quality. With all the other variables too it might end up sounding worse, it's going to be trial and error but if you find a way that you're comfortable with and it sounds ok then crack on :D Im not telling you how to do it, just trying to explain the best options.

sound bro...well i am easy, do it which ever the DJ's feel comfortable with...

Ok just checking i done this right.. Did my 5 tune mix, recorded at 320, let the last tune roll out to the end so next DJ has plenty of time to mix their first tune in (if needed)

works out at roughly 10 mins long, so with 10-12 dj's were looking at a good 2 hours :D Perfecto!

thats soundin good, 5 tunes and as many teases as u can fit in, lets make this fuckin firing. send it to me and to shitme...

WE NEED MORE DJ'S!!!!!!!!!

sounds good...

can i not just pick up the speed off the last mix before me. I will just be able to mix out of that no? Plus I could just edit my own mix into the end of it.

When will i get the one before?

Back
Top Bottom