dnbforum Autumn Production Competition

subprime

Dysjoint
VIP Junglist
Start date – 28/8/2012
Submission deadline - 25/9/2012*
Voting commences – 26/9/2012
Voting ends – 3/10/2012
Winners Announced - 10/10/2012, so the judges get a week to write their reviews.
*subject to change depending on how many entries we get.

CONCEPT OF THIS COMPETITION: WATER.
Your tune must have some connection with water, whatever that means to you. Ambient seascape, musical metaphor for anything liquid or a remake of 'It's Raining Men'

THE SAMPLE PACK:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kz6uo8

Sample pack provided by Elmaruk and dirty breaks, big ups guys.

Rules:
- One tune per member. Non members are welcome to join the board and take part.
- Tunes must somehow be drum n bass. From Bossa Nova to Skullstep, any style is
welcome just as long as it feels like dnb and is water related. Whatever that means to you, this is up to you to decide.
- Only sounds from the sample pack. Go crazy with any processing that you can think of,
but no additional samples, synths, or recordings
you are however allowed to record vocals, singing, rapping, spoken word and also water.
but no funny business with beat boxing or making synths out of it, it has to be vocals.
you can record whom ever you like.
- Remember to keep notes of your processing, as you may be asked to prove how you
came up with any sounds in your tune. this has never happened but it could.

Submission guidelines:
- Render only to mp3, 320 Kbps.
- Tag you tunes exactly like this: Dnbforum_Production_Competition_2012_[ARTIST]_[TUNE]
- Upload to http://www.sendspace.com and send the link to dnbforum@live.com

Assessment:
A public thread will be used to provide links to download and preview the submissions.
All tunes will remain anonymous to ensure a fair vote. Any entrant or members found to be
identifying and/or promoting tunes publicly or in private, will be disqualified and banned
from future competitions. The finalists will be decided solely on public opinion.
There will be one winner, one runner up and a peoples choice. The winner gets the prize,
the runner up gets to lose first and peoples choice will be tremendous in veramessitude.

Winners:
There will be a winner and a runner up, and the results will be released at the last minute of 2012
when his name will be engraved on the bottom of the atlantic and mirrored in the sky. Forever.
He will be celebrated locally as well as globally.

The prize: A Sample pack from a well known manufacturer. (right Logikz?)

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions or comments.

Good luck and may the best man win.

Amendments may be made if I've forgotten anything.

Last edited:
Big ups to everyone who organised this. Elmar and breaks on the pack! Can't wait to hear these samples (am in the land of camo and krooked on holiday at the mo). Hopefully there will still be plenty of time to put something together when I'm back. Looking forward to hearing all the entries too.

i think those whale samples could make some really interesting resonant midrange run thru alchemy. or any other sampler for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom