DNBA download store to close......

iamdjsimm

VIP Junglist
Drum&BassArena REBOOT

Big changes are afoot at Drum&BassArena HQ and I’d like you to know about these personally.

We’re now in our 18th year of spreading the good word of drum & bass. And both the scene and our brand have never been healthier…

However, it’s not such a great time for download stores. In fact it’s never been harder to exist in digital retail and we feel our resources are much better spent on the many other Drum&BassArena operations such as Content, Compilations, Events and much more...

So, after a lot of thought, we have decided to wind down our download store. And, as of December 12 2014 you will no longer be able to buy digital downloads from Drum&BassArena.

For full information including account access and to see all the future plans we have for Drum&BassArena please click here.

It goes without saying that we want to give a massive thank you to every single one of you who has invested in music through our download store over the years.

Thanks for reading.

That's a shame, but it really wasn't a great store and so this is not surprising.

We’re now in our 18th year of spreading the good word of drum & bass. And both the scene and our brand have never been healthier…

:orly:

Never been healthier, Scrapping the download store do to not enough profits lol

7digital might not be the most up-to-date shop for dnb but I bought a lotta oldies from there and the price was always 0,99 €urocent without added paypal fees and other bs.

For someone on a slow connection like me (6mb) the store was a fucking chore to use. Crashing, slow between pages, music not playing etc... was just a god awful experience and I can imagine a few others share the same opinion.

What free mp3s did they have? It was the only place to get Commix - Broken Man IIRC, any others?

Quite a few - I had a CERN one a couple of weeks ago.

world spins on axis

Not the end of the world by any means but still a pretty big thing that even digi stores are struggling.

For someone on a slow connection like me (6mb) the store was a fucking chore to use. Crashing, slow between pages, music not playing etc... was just a god awful experience and I can imagine a few others share the same opinion.

It did have it's moments no doubt!

7digital might not be the most up-to-date shop for dnb but I bought a lotta oldies from there and the price was always 0,99 €urocent without added paypal fees and other bs.

Are they a genuine 320 supplier? Sure I remember stories of dodgy mp3's and stuff back in the day?

I'm sticking to junodownload for now. Seems to be the best option price wise and availability wise.

:orly:

Never been healthier, Scrapping the download store do to not enough profits lol

Not the end of the world by any means but still a pretty big thing that even digi stores are struggling.

Drum & Bass Arena is a subsidiary of a company called AEI Media, who also have UKF & Get Darker on their roster. What i think they meant by their statement is that their promo business through D&BTV and UKF and their nights that they organize is where they are in the highest demand (ant therefore make the most) and not their small, niche dnb download web store which is in an already saturated and diminishing digital music download market.

Smart move imo. gotta move with the market and not get sentimental about an aspect of your business that is shrinking

Some of their free (I think exclusive) tracks from the top of my head...

Metrik - Anthem 2009
Sub Focus - Smooth
Hadouken - Mic Check (Camo & Krooked Remix)
Artist Recordings LP
Subsonik - Inside Your Mind

are they though? says who? says them. and there's was struggling cause it was shit. horses for courses...

I feel your overview seems a little personal. Generally it wasn't the best store but it did a job and served a purpose. Much better than beatport for instance.

Back
Top Bottom