DNBA Awards 2013...

Let's be honest, the main group of people who vote for these awards are people that have a slight interest in pop n bass, just enough to be a fan of RAM and Hospital on Facebook where they are told who to vote for. That is why Afterglow was track of the year.

While it's easy for me to turn a blind eye to these waste awards, I do wish there was a more 'underground' awards where people who actually deserve it are rewarded for their talents and efforts.

It's just a popularity contest. I used to get angry about the results but now I just have a laugh

Dunno, it was basically the same as usual. Honestly it could have gone much worse really. Etherwood's win was well deserved (at least as the newcomer producer anyways), Zeitgest wasn't actually a bad album at all (especially when compared to the rest of the nominees). So I was really pissed only about C&K as best producers and Afterglow winning both best tune & video awards because let's face it, it sucked at both.

Last edited:
It's just a popularity contest. I used to get angry about the results but now I just have a laugh

This. Obviously the biggest labels will get all votes because they have the biggest fanbase. Standard... who gives a shit for these awards. Better think twice when opening a thread! :twisted:

I really thought that there might be some more neurofunk in there. Memtrix, emperor, and joe ford are all great newcomers that I though had a shot.

Etherwood winning newcomer producer and DJ is a bit weird... Yeah, producer maybe - his album was very good and got a lot of exposure and he actually is a newcomer. But DJ? Standard DJ = Producer kind of thinking when voting, and shows how little people care about newcomers / how random it is. Can't even recall who I put down as newcomer DJ, think had Dimension down as producer. Metrik was nominated as newcomer DJ, at least he's getting some recognition though.

Luck - no skill involved? :teeth:
xi2IiAm.png

Camo & Krooked winning best producer & album... Gotta hand it to them, their album was very fresh and you can't compare it to anything out there. They really stepped it up, thinking outside the box etc. Mixdown and so on wise they're top of the game. They are very skilled producers. And obviously, it's a popularity contest - but it's certainly not undeserved.

DNBA awards is the time of the year I always remember how bad their website is. Can't find the winners on http://awards.breakbeat.co.uk sub site (ok they are on the blog which I found via their fb). And the store...

Back
Top Bottom