dnb wip feedback needed

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by MC_Abyss, Sep 29, 2013.

1. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

I had posted this before with allot of issues, it was embarrassing lol.
    Anyways I have fixed allot of those issues so here it is.
    Let me know what you think.

2. Mason John

Mason John 21st Junta

Drop sounds a little rough/forced, maybe b/c there isn't enough transition of elements. Maybe extent the silence on its end and maybe a vocal sample right before it kicks in again, possibly extend the part that comes after that for a little longer too. I think the beat's pretty good tho.

3. Raptor's Den

Raptor's Den Member

Boy do I love intros that sound like that :DDDDD, And I personally enjoy the buildup to drop! Its not really too rough! It can build up that way! You definitely got it down good bro! I have a song on my label that builds up like that. Well many, and actually playaz has those kinds of tracks too! Especially within the old school it was like "what is a buildup?" lol it was just make music and play it.. xD

4. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Thanks mason ill work on that its been a problem of mine blunt transitions with little to no build up.

Rapture, thanks for the complement man glad you liked it, its a free download if your interested:)

5. Thisisaero

Thisisaero New Member

I'd love a bigger build up or more suspenseful one- the drop seems to come out of nowhere or feel a bit empty. your bass is drowning your kick in the main sections a bit - maybe have a longer tail on it or (more) sidechaining? or maybe just a punchier sample. Liking the bass and the hats good rhythm

6. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Aero believe it or not but I didn't use any sidechaining at All. But i probably could of used a little to make the kick more defiant. Thanks for the input. I think for an exercise i'm just gonna make a long suspenseful intro. 4min intro lol with no drop. Intros are one of my week points.
    I'll keep practicing thanks. :)

7. FLOdnb

FLOdnb New Member

The idea is ok, but I think you need to work on the arrangement, because the drop doesnt fit with the intro that well imo... also work a bit more on the basslines you have :) start resampling as im guessing ur going for those neuro type sounds...oh yes... and get more hihats on that aswell - you'd be amazed to what a pair of looped hihats / rides do in dnb :)

8. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Thanks for your opinion flo now,
    Resampling how would you go about doing that. Would you keep it in raw midi format patched through the Synth or export as wav?

9. Prideinyouride

Prideinyouride Member

Maybe the odd incidental to break up that intro and some small fills in between the phrases? Otherwise Good stuff?