DnB Vinyls To Learn On

The Producer

Hi i am in the process of buying a set of turntables and am wondering what drum and bass vinyls would be good to learn with or could i go out and get any selection of drum and bass vinyls and just start practicing with them?

Thanks

Just buy tunes you like, although it helps at first if you get a few that start on a kick drum (rather than a pad or something), with a nice long intro, like the ones below:

Taxman - Scan Darker
Original Sin - Don't Be Silly
Q-Project - Credit Crunch
Sub Focus - Airplane
Break - Submerged (Calyx & Teebee Remix)
Calibre - Fire & Water/Interphaze

Just buy tunes you like, although it helps at first if you get a few that start on a kick drum (rather than a pad or something), with a nice long intro, like the ones below:

true..
the ones I used much for learning to beatmatch were
nu:tone- system (m&f rmx)
shimon & matrix - slipstream
brookes brothers - F-zero / dawn treader

most liquid tracks are simple and ease to understand, i learnt to beat match on Hanging Rock - L.E and Racing Green - High Contrast :)

Buy some nice rollers. Check out anything on Shogun Audio or stuff by Break, Spectrasoul, Calibre or Alix Perez. Sub Focus tunes are also nice n easy to mix.

I would have to say jump up mate,

Just look for anything with a drum beat for the whole intro, get a couple of tunes by the same artist, generally pretty similar and similar speed so easier to mix just to practise locking the beats.

Buy the Break - Subversion EP and just practice mixing with that.

all the tunes on there are TASTY especially Destiny Comes Ringing and Lead the Way (y)

Buy some easy liquid. Logistics, nutone, break, icicle, spectrasoul etc..

And NO disco dodo at the beginning if you ask me..

Yeah i wouldnt recommend disco dodo as a beginners tune.

Warhead remix has a looooooonnnnnng intro havent seen it mentioned yet.
world of darkness
bandwagon blues
puppetwalk
Thats what i learnt with.

Back
Top Bottom