DnB TYPES, and the ones you like most.

TrainJumpa

Enlighten me please with the a types of the almighty dnb.

As far as i know there are these:

Atmospheric
Heavy
Hardcore
Psychodelic

Anything else? Which do YOU prefer?

Liquid, hardcore breakbeat jungle, Is there such a thing as normal DNB. lol. Or is that now in a category of its own

I like dnb, don't split it into types... :mad:
It split nearly 15 years ago bruv

but like MR G says dnb is dnb. Its all one thing at the end of day, music we all love. Even if people create these subgenres and all that.

Last edited:
WIKIPEDIA said:
Subgenres
Recently, smaller scenes within the drum and bass community have developed and the scene as a whole has become much more fractured into specific sub-genres. The generally accepted and major sub-genres of drum and bass include:

-Darkstep (or "Darkside" or "Dark")
-Drumfunk (or "Choppage", "Edits")
-Electrostep (or "Trancestep" or "Futurestep"]
-Hardstep
-Intelligent (or "Atmospheric" or "Ambient")
-Jazzstep (or "Jazz and Bass")
-Jump-Up
-Liquid funk (or simply "Liquid")
-Neurofunk (or "Neuro") - though there is some argument over whether neurofunk is an extension of techstep or is a separate subgenre, see article for details.
-Sambass (or "Brazilian Drum and Bass")
-Techstep

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_&_bass#Subgenres

Its all drum & bass
its like all genres of music, some i like some i dont.

Depends where i'm at or what mood i'm in sometimes.I wouldn't want to listen to chillin' jazzy drum and bass when i'm at the club wanting to lose my mind on the dancefloor to some heavy darkstep.I wouldn't wanna hear that stuff at a festival either.
I love listening to the relaxin stuff tho when i'm driving in my car,or late at night when i'm sitting on the computer downloading other music.Just trying to relax and get ready to go to bed.
but i truly just love drum and bass,anything that sounds good to me.I couldn't see myself just liking one subgenre.I prefer some over others depending on moods but as long as it has the drum and bass sound,i'll listen to it once and twice if i love it! :)

Dave n bass, thanks for that, i wuznt smart enough to check the wiki myself. But hell yeah, i agree, dnb is dnb.

Well, fuck... alright, dnb is a solid, repeating rythm. Now check some of the more..aam..breakbeat, psycho fucking totally different Venetian Snares shit. You'll love it. Maybe. I do. He connects SYMPHONY with DRUM AND BASS! That is already wicked.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G63PMN7S

Tell me your opinions. And PM me if you want more of this dudes music (he's kinda underground).

from what i remember Venetian snares is some weird, trippy shiaat, downloading it now tho.

*edit*

yeah, that aint too bad but not really my thing ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_&_bass#Subgenres

Its all drum & bass
its like all genres of music, some i like some i dont.

finally a declaration of the various subgenres i am willing to sign. probably cos there arent any examples to go with the names.

i dont know what type of dnb i like, pretty much all of it i imagine.

i like metalheadz. and CIA. and phantom audio. and stuff, too much to mention really, its easier to pick out what i dont like. dont like two step techstep that much any more, cos its getting pretty generic, but long as its a good tune i wont mind at all.

Last edited:
dont like two step techstep that much any more, cos its getting pretty generic, but long as its a good tune i wont mind at all.

sadly that's something you can say about the majority of dnb, purely because of the amount of stuff being released on the massive amount of labels there are now. i find listening to records that most of what i hear, i have already got two or three tunes with the same sound or even bassline sometimes. a record can really stand out if it has an original sample or break. i think this is why vocals are becoming such a massive part of the music, because they dominate a track. not that i'm down on the scene, it's just so fast moving that every two or three months i feel like the stuff i'm playing is old and so i find myself going between the different sub genres just to keep my record collection fresh. recently i was buying a lot of what some might call neurofunk and techstep, but just recently i've gone back to buying a lot of the reggae and dub influenced stuff. i guess this is my own way of making sure i don't get stagnant as a dj.

Back
Top Bottom