DnB tunes that were big in their day but sound snide as hell now

anyone slating Disco Dodo needs to be shot.
for me that tune was a game changer. (although Lynx IMO hasn't progressed from that one tune onto bigger and greater things) awesome tune...the reaction to it a few years ago used to be insane.

Disco Dodo was qulity I remembe the first time I heard it when Andy switched it from Neo VIP. I went nuts!

Im tempted to say duppy man but it will be a bit controversial wont it??

but I wont, thinking its prob the only c and s tune thats any good

I still dont understand why everyone went nuts for dj Guv - water technique

Duppy Man is a fucking riddim! I cannot imagine any dnb head not skanking hard to that still

Your not for real are ya? One of the baddest tunes ever produced. The drop especially in a mix sounds sick!!

no really.. back then i really got headaches whenever that tune came on..

can appreciate it more now tbh, like it in some mixes but most people just cant pull it off and then disco dodo is on its own for 32 bars or something like that and ill just have to leave the room. its boring and imo not that innovative at all..

can appreciate it more now tbh, like it in some mixes but most people just cant pull it off and then disco dodo is on its own for 32 bars or something like that and ill just have to leave the room. its boring and imo not that innovative at all..

Split mixing disco dodo...cued 16 bars before the drop.
I think the effect this tune can have even for just 16 bars as a split is untouchable to this day.

I still think Link to the past fits certain tunes better than Bomber does sometimes, Bomber is definitely the more intense version of the two, but sometimes that sweeping bassline is right for a particular tune.

And I never was one for dico dodo either, found it pretty bland, bought it on vinyl for shits sake and have hardly ever played it.

Back
Top Bottom