DnB Rock?!

thebronsonite

Firstly, I'm new to the forums, so hi everyone!

I've got a long car journey on Friday with a bunch of rockers (to give you an idea, Metallica and Greenday are there favourites). I don't mind a bit of rock, but 5+ hours (each way) will be a bit too much!

Can anyone suggest any dnb sessions/artists that may appeal to them so I can listen to a bit of bass and keep the peace? I've managed to blag a car with a good stereo too, so I want to make the most of it. Otherwise, I'm just going to have to offend them! lol

Thanks in advance!

Not too sure...

Maybe try some neurofunk stuff - Ed Rush and Optical maybe? Its quite hard and heavy...

Otherwise check out the more techy stuff, Noisia, Calyx, Teebee etc. There is a Calyx and Teebee mix for ATM (magazine) a little while back that they may be alright with.

get Join the Q by the qemists

quality album with enuf distorted guitars to keep any rocker happy

and on the more mellow tip, Universal truth by Matrix & Futurebound, not exactly rock but closer than most

I'm not sure how the Slayer cover will go down, but it'll be worth it either way!

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to see what I can get my grubby little mits on by Friday. Might just have to play a bit of Hype and convert them all to proper music! hahaha

When i was at access to music half the college was rockers.. if u actually played em some good techy dnb they mostly seemed to love it! get some good phace/spor stuff on the go.. they'll lap it up!

Look for a mix by Dieselboy or Tech Itch...some people I know that are into rock, etc. as well as drum n' bass seem to steer toward then for DNB for the heaviness, etc...there's more as well, just can't think atm....

Edit: Also check out Evol Intent...someone pointed out Pendulum too on here

yeah go the big riffy heavy stuff already mentioned, or Pendulum for the more commercial obvious rock side of things. I think people get the vocal aspect of that .

used to know a full on surfer-rocker guy back in the day, hated techno, I played him some belgian hardcore circa 92 and he lost is mind on it ! try that!

or not .... :)

edit - or shit with loads of hip-hop samples, like 90s hardstep style.

really dont think they would be into ed rush and optical to be honest.
they will not appreciate their music atall.
id say most things from algorythm, obscene, barcode and freak recordings.
maybe abit of lifted stuff aswell

Back
Top Bottom