dnb on kerrang radio

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Recently Kerrang radio have been playing tuens we have been sending them inlcuding Machete and Telemetrik whcih have gone down really well! So well in fact that they will be pioloting a breakbeat and dnb show on kerrang! its strange and very interesting to see how scenes move and change and evolve. Dnb is great in that respect and like hip hop is able to absorb influeneces and regurgiate them in interesting ways.

Also its really cool that dnb is still able to reach such a wide audience.

Its great to say positivity like this in the scene IMO

I know a lot of people are very anti 'Emo' here ..lol.. got a feeling i know the comments coming..but.... moves like this create wider audiences which in tunrs gives producers room to be creative cos they arent trying to cater for one market all the time.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people are very anti 'Emo' here ..lol.. gto a feeling i know the commenst coming..but.... moves like this create wider audiences which in tunrs gives producers room to be creative cos they arent trying to cater for one market all the time.

KERRANG IS FOR GOTHS MATE

:D

Last edited:
KERRANG IS FOR GOTHS MATE , THEY ALL NEED TO DIE etc...

Bit of a sweeping statement thats like someone from their scene saying 'Drum N Bass is for chavs' or something.

I think it's a good thing that DnB is being played on stations like Kerrang. As I've said before promotion for the scene can only be a good thing

haha, but on a more serious note I dont see why anyone would complain about songs like machete being played on radio stations, even if it is a station like kerrang, more known for playing rock music and such....

but the importance of the station actually being so impressed by the music as to them actually going ahead with a pilot show of dnb is pretty big! thats like Knowledge having a radio station and playing Linkin Park tracks or whatever...

:)

I've met so many people that were completely into their rock music before getting completely into dnb.
Natural progression

I've met so many people that were completely into their rock music before getting completely into dnb.
Natural progression

Living proof right here my friend, ive rocked up many a stage with my trusty axe infront of seething crowds of sweaty goths playing children of bodom and dragonforce covers :lol:

any publicity for the scene is good
theres a commercial side to everything, whether it be pendulum's cheesy 'in silico' its still exposure which cant be bad?

Back
Top Bottom