Dnb on commercial radio in the day time?

Gets on my nerves because only the waste tunes get played.... Pretty much pop music IMO! Does anybody agree with me here?

what do you expect? It's daytime radio, of course they're gonna play pop music.. besides "poppy" dnb isn't such a bad thing, it gets people into the scene which is good. I can't see fearne cotton playing tunes by limewax or tech itch any time soon anyway..

Would you rather hard edged underground tracks be played, effectively exploiting the sound and further commercializing the scene more? It happened over here in America with the jump-up dubstep sound, I wish it hadn't.

shit music is shit music though

just cause it's dnb it doesn't make the latest chase and status tune for example tolerable

true, but if that shit tune gets people into deeper stuff then that's still a good thing IMO..

Don't get me wrong, the vast majority of dnb played on commercial radio these days is shite, but if it's still dnb and if it makes people get into it more that can't be bad. Everyone got into dnb somehow after all..

I'm not going to lie, I got into dnb after hearing 'Slam' on the radio (I'm not a crusty jungle veteran like some on here)

After exploring further I realised how great this music truly is. Only makes me sad that I didn't get into it earlier

To be honest, the tune that got me into dnb was Propane Nightmares by Pendulum. But from there I discovered High Contrast and Hospital records (just before they started to get a bit shit) and now I'm at the opposite end of the scale.

Im all for getting more people into the scene and all that, but its quality not quantity lol. Id rather 20 proper dnb heads on the dancefloor, than 500 people who'd listened to Louder and all those equally gash tracks and decided they love drum and bass when in fact they love commercial bullshit.

And If we're doing the whole "first dnb tune" bizznizz....
Bought a compilation cd from Asda way back and first track on it was Ltj Bukem - Atlantis, and was hooked from there.

See now. Its bringing in the wrong crowd. Who's been to fabric lately? its full of ppl who havnt even heard of ppl like jem one, skeptical, data, june miller, kemal, rob data. Theyre like WTF is renegade hardware???? Allow dat. these are not junglists these are ppl who are into dubstep and happened to hear skrillex or doctor p or chase and status drop a dnb tune in one of there sets and thought wow wtf is dat? Searched around on youtube and found some raves and thought oh yar let me go to this awesome looking place at fabric.

I asked some guy a couple months back at fabric what he thinks of ray keith and he replied "neva erd of im" Long!

I'm not going to lie, I got into dnb after hearing 'Slam' on the radio (I'm not a crusty jungle veteran like some on here)

After exploring further I realised how great this music truly is. Only makes me sad that I didn't get into it earlier

lol exactly the same with me

then i preceded to strut around secondary school claiming all dnb sounded the same and was for chavs

then went home and listened to the latest dnba podcast :oops:

See now. Its bringing in the wrong crowd. Who's been to fabric lately? its full of ppl who havnt even heard of ppl like jem one, skeptical, data, june miller, kemal, rob data. Theyre like WTF is renegade hardware???? Allow dat. these are not junglists these are ppl who are into dubstep and happened to hear skrillex or doctor p or chase and status drop a dnb tune in one of there sets and thought wow wtf is dat? Searched around on youtube and found some raves and thought oh yar let me go to this awesome looking place at fabric.

I asked some guy a couple months back at fabric what he thinks of ray keith and he replied "neva erd of im" Long!

you're absolutely right about fabric (although i have no idea who jem one is), cable isnt as bad imo

it was gonna happen anyway though, wasn't it? in the same way that jungle kinda splintered off from hardcore, one could argue that dnb splintered off from jungle, its only natural to assume that dnb will splinter off from teenybopper synthcore cheesestep

the good news is that the 'real' scene is on the same page, right? i think a lot of producers and DJs must feel the same way about all this? perhaps the divide will become so big that dnb will become underground again. imagine that

lol exactly the same with me

then i preceded to strut around secondary school claiming all dnb sounded the same and was for chavs

then went home and listened to the latest dnba podcast :oops:
The innocence of youth. Thank god I did some digging and discovered how wonderful dnb can be when done well

you're absolutely right about fabric (although i have no idea who jem one is), cable isnt as bad imo

it was gonna happen anyway though, wasn't it? in the same way that jungle kinda splintered off from hardcore, one could argue that dnb splintered off from jungle, its only natural to assume that dnb will splinter off from teenybopper synthcore cheesestep

the good news is that the 'real' scene is on the same page, right? i think a lot of producers and DJs must feel the same way about all this? perhaps the divide will become so big that dnb will become underground again. imagine that

Jem one is on dj vapours 36 hertz label and makes the deepest amen break tunes u could imagine. have a look around for him he's a heavy producer. And I totally agree with what youre sayin mate

Back
Top Bottom