DnB on a jukebox

Hazard_#1

righteous junglist
I was in my local pub the other night and from the speakers came some drum and bass, instantly recognisable as a pendulum tune, i went to try and find out where it was coming from and found it was coming from a jukebox...

Ignoring the fact it was pendulum (too many threads on them) i was mixed on hearing the tune come on..
Part of me was loving hearing a bit of dnb in the pub while i was pissed, even though it wa shit, it was good hearin some dnb..
The other part of me was pissed off that my music was being played on a machine, in some ones playlist of 3 goes for £1, with ronan keating and sugababes..

how would you feel hearing dnb come on a jukebox?

I was in my local pub the other night and from the speakers came some drum and bass, instantly recognisable as a pendulum tune, i went to try and find out where it was coming from and found it was coming from a jukebox...

Ignoring the fact it was pendulum (too many threads on them) i was mixed on hearing the tune come on..
Part of me was loving hearing a bit of dnb in the pub while i was pissed, even though it wa shit, it was good hearin some dnb..
The other part of me was pissed off that my music was being played on a machine, in some ones playlist of 3 goes for £1, with ronan keating and sugababes..

how would you feel hearing dnb come on a jukebox?

hahaha... not got much of an opinion on it to be fair.... the sort of stuff most of us play just cant be put in a juke box..... 1 because most people get bored after the first two min of intro drums..... and 2 because its just far to hard for any self respecting old mans drinking pub.....

so..... to be honest im not really fussed.... the only people who are ever gonna be put in a dukebox are the likes of Pendulum, High Contrast or the new radio mix of "Crazy World"..... or if your lucky Shake Your Body...... and these arent ever in my playlist..... so bring it on...... well up for hearing more of it in pubs....

the pubs round by us got the juke boxes and they got loads of decent stuff on there. high contrast, ez rollers all sorts of different shit on there they got like 2 million songs or sum shit

Ah fair one, Im the other side of town, the snooty's my local. Over in horsham there used to be a weekly D&B night in the horse & groom (now closed due to crack dealing), was pretty grimey.

yo uknow of any dnb nights around crawley, pisses me off mate, i end up just raving in brum, bristol n london, could do with a few friday/saturday local nights bruv? cna drag my mates who aint really on it as much to them too

got a few near me where u can download tracks off albums on their archive, n they got loads of fabriclives n that so its pretty entertaining sticking on some hazard, total science, calyx , or whatever theyve got and watching the locals/barmens faces look at you in disgust!!

yo uknow of any dnb nights around crawley, pisses me off mate, i end up just raving in brum, bristol n london, could do with a few friday/saturday local nights bruv? cna drag my mates who aint really on it as much to them too

if you know any clubs then im up for organising one out there....

but untill then....

get yourself to this man.... got a few forum DJs down there....

http://www.dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=53150

Found a pub a with a jukebox that connects to an internet archive allowing you to put on pretty much anything you can find on teh interwebs.

So I put on the nastiest gabber.

Don't think the locals approved...

There used to be one at brannigans a few years ago with a big name playing once a month but they stopped it.

Shelleys in Horsham had Nicky blackmarket playing there on a weeknight recently though, I think they're planning on doing more D&B nights too but not really sure. Mattix on here is the guy to ask about that as he organises them.

my local pubs used to have pendulum, roni size, dillinja, and shy fx. Oh an that Pure tone tune Totally adicted to bass.

Back
Top Bottom