[DnB]no GP - Coming Through

Shy Owl

no GP
Hey guys, so I'm very, very new to production and feel like I'm making some solid progress but I think it'd help me out a lot if some of you guys can point out any (most likely) glaringly obvious mistakes I'm making (whether that be too much here/too little here/cheap sounds etc.), any and all feedback appreciated :)

Sorry the DnB tag in the title is very vague, I'm just not too sure what else to use to describe it, maybe a little dark? A couple of hopefuly borderline-insulting noises in there.

Last edited:
Your kick is really being suppressed. Try EQing the kick to get the low end below 60-80Hz out of the way and add a small notch where the kicks main peak is to help it poke through. If you go into the production forum there is a thread called Ways To Make DnB Kick. Check that out because there are a lot of things posted that can help you out. Also the hats seem to be off beat from some of your other hits, i don't know if it was intentional but it makes the beat lose its flow. Good effort thought seeing as though you're new to the game

Your kick is really being suppressed. Try EQing the kick to get the low end below 60-80Hz out of the way and add a small notch where the kicks main peak is to help it poke through. If you go into the production forum there is a thread called Ways To Make DnB Kick. Check that out because there are a lot of things posted that can help you out. Also the hats seem to be off beat from some of your other hits, i don't know if it was intentional but it makes the beat lose its flow. Good effort thought seeing as though you're new to the game

Thanks for the listen brother!

Cheers for the feedback & encouragement; it would appear that I need to invest some time in working on drum lines. Sorry for having to ask but when you say the hats are out of time, is it the reversed loop (the same one the track begins on) or the main hat you're referring to? I only ask because I'm starting to doubt both, although the original intent of the reversed loop was to mix it up a little it is starting to sound quite out of place the more I hear it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the listen brother!

Cheers for the feedback & encouragement; it would appear that I need to invest some time in working on drum lines. Sorry for having to ask but when you say the hats are out of time, is it the reversed loop (the same one the track begins on) or the main hat you're referring to? I only ask because I'm starting to doubt both, although the original intent of the reversed loop was to mix it up a little it is starting to sound quite out of place the more I hear it.

It's ok man. It just sounds like things aren't falling on the beat. I think the intro was fine (I'm not at my computer so aren't able to listen and remind myself) but something was defo off in the main section. Just zoom in on the drum hits and make sure everything is lined up on the beat markers.

Did you read through that thread I suggested?

Back
Top Bottom