DNB nighs in Edinburgh?

KAPTIV

Anyone know if there are any regular nights, I know Hospitality do the odd rave up there but not really seen anything else and im moving there soon for a contract.

Cheers!

La Belle Angèle has re-opened recently so a monthly dnb night usually going on and i hear of a place called sneaky petes doing one monthly... the scene up here actually seems to be better than its been for a while you should find something pretty easy... i dont do much clubbing but if you like to get out of town id try and get to a junglism night usually in dundee but they move around. thats off the top of my head but there seems to be a decent amount going on.

Check out Xplicit, Nightvision, Champion Sound and Electrikal. There's a few smaller nights as well.

Serial Killaz, Noisia, Shy Fx, Dillinja and Chimpo are all playing Edinburgh in the next month or two.

Also if you're in Glasgow we've got Break up to play our night BassTonik on the 7th March.

Anyone know if there are any regular nights, I know Hospitality do the odd rave up there but not really seen anything else and im moving there soon for a contract.

Cheers!

Mate you're spoilt for choice in Edinburgh:
Anything thrown by Electrikal collective. Not always solid DnB but usuall pretty helfi bass music and their sound system packs some serious heat.

Xplicit/Nightvision - Big name DnB usually comes in under the Xplicit brand but they've formed a partnership with another brand to do a kind of all flavours brand Nightvision. Usually really good events and they have MCs bucking the fuckin bedroom DJ trend you get almost everywhere else which is refreshing.

There's tonnes of stuff running at Bongo Club and La Belle Angèle are always decent and friendly crowd.

Sneaky Pete's is decent but has been going downhill for a while. Still get some decent bass music in there especially Witness and Nu Fire if they're still running but they're more Grime/Dubstep/Bass

Crusties! Edinburgh has a fine herritage of crusties putting on small nights in basements and back rooms and more often than not they're fucking decent. A lot of breakcore, raggatek etc. but stuff you wouldn't really hear in the main room clubs annd they're usually full of sound people. Hard working motherfuckers with nothing but love for their tunes.

Also a lot of small fests out in the borders in Spring/Summer definitely worth checking out.

Scotland may be fucked in that everywhere has to close by 3 (with exceptions for August, New Year and certain clubs which you'll find soon enough) but it's decent enough. There's bits and pieces in Glasgow but it's pretty scarce. When it does pop up it's usually decent but rarely headlines. Andy C and Break in March but in the 2 years I've been here that's at least half of the decent bookings I've seen through here. Usually have to travel at least to Edinburgh or down to Leeds/Manchester/Sheffield for a big weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

It's going to be in the basement in Stereo. Also got a big night planned for the Art School in May.

Hold tight. Was in on Friday and that place got a beatdown. Lad on the last hour was relentless. Good to see some DnB kicking about Glasgow and buzzin for that Break booking. Didn't know how much longer I could take it drowning in techno. You're doing God's work son!

Last edited:
Hold tight. Was in on Friday and that place got a beatdown. Lad on the last hour was relentless. Good to see some DnB kicking about Glasgow and buzzin for that Break booking. Didn't know how much longer I could take it drowning in techno. You're doing God's work son!

Cheers man! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. The last hour was actually the guys from Symbiosis, a Glasgow dnb night that's been running for 10 years now, playing b2b. They do free nights in Audio in midland street, mainly with residents and local DJs, but worth checking out. The guys on from 1-2 were from Frogbeats, they've had Stray and Sam Binga up for nights in the past, and had nights at Sub Club and the Art School.

Aye we're really looking forward to having Break up (it's clashing with Enei at Jungle Nation in Aberdeen unfortunately), and have 3 headliners lined up for the May night so hyped for that one as well.

We're hoping to do nights every other month in Glasgow, as we already do nights back at home in Dumfries on alternate months.

Back
Top Bottom