DnB Newbie :p

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Arseniq, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Arseniq

Arseniq New Member

Hey guys, name's Arseniy, and as the title says I'm new to drum and bass. I've been a metal head most of my life, and only got into EDM when Scary Monsters dropped a couple of years ago. Since then I've been actively seeking and listening to all kinds of electronic music. Recently my friend introduced me to drum and bass and I am absolutely HOOKED, so much so that I'll most likely be trying to do some of my own in the future.
    On top of listening I've also have tried my hand in producing this last year but I am no master at all lol Hopefully I'll learn some tips on this forum and makes some friends along the way. Cheers :)

2. fuuz3r

fuuz3r KRISTJAN V

yo! i've seen quite a few people who have come to dnb from metal music. why do you think this is? i find it quite interesting, because they're somewhat very different music genres. i've also met some really hard core metal heads, who hate dnb and don't extinguish it from trance. ala all edm is trance for them.

3. Arseniq

Arseniq New Member

For me it was the rhythm section that hooked me. Frankly, DnB is the most intense genre of EDM, far more than dubstep. That intensity is what's most attractive.
    As for why a lot of metalheads hate it, its kind of the "metal for life thing". Once they're part of the metal scene, some people find it hard to accept that there are other styles of music and that, God forbid, they actually enjoy them. They don't necessarily hate dnb, they just hate everything that isn't metal.

4. fuuz3r

fuuz3r KRISTJAN V

cool. i guess you're right. dnb is really different from other genres - not for everyone tho.

i remember when i first got into dnb around 2005 and i still love it. i like all kinds of music, but dnb is just so special.

[​IMG]

5. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

Welcome metalman , looking forward to see you around and doing things here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  6. dubbathomas

dubbathomas New Member

Nicee! I am a metalhead somewhat too, or used to be more of one!
    Welcome!