DnB mixing, specks and spicks

Anomaly

ok been mixing for 4months fuk all time i know, (2 stanton t.120decks vestax mixer)been around the site probly not enough but all i can find is info on what decks to buy nothing on beat matching and ideas on actuall mixing... id like to bring that up if anyones got tips they would like to share? im self taught s most terms escape me but been trying to beat match but only nailing it some time and other times missing :hagglers: as anyone got hints on a sure fire way to nail it including practice?:smash:o_O

Go to the DJforums, they have a beginners section where every other thread is how to beatmatch! Also try youtube, Ellaskins and DJ Skyhighatrist have good videos showing you the basics, and after that its just practice, and then suddenly it will just click.

when im beatmatching i try not to touch the record at all and only use the pitch slider, all it takes is practise, i used to be really frustrated all the time doin it. just put in the hours and the more you do it the better ya get
good luck

beatmatching isn't something you can learn from a book mate, you've got to train your ears to be able to split the two tunes apart and decide which is faster/slower, JUST KEEP ON PRACTICING

People can tell you this and that, but it rarely helps ... you just have to do it... Sorry to be a lack of help, but it's not something you can explain it jst comes from excessive praticising.

I was shit, very very shit. The mere thought of lockin two tunes into a blend completly baffled me, I struggle with where to start the record, how to mix it, wat the pitch fader was for etc etc and that was even before the thought of equalising had come into play...... There was several times when I first started DJ'ing where I thought, is this even possible shall I just give up know, why have I wasted my money etc.... But I kept at it. The first couple of months are the hardest, but once it clicks you can only get better... It took hours and hours of daily practicing week in week out to be able to mix the way I want too.... Jst keep at it, I still mix for hours during the day week in week out, I jst dont make any mistakes no more :teeth:.

No one is born with these skills, some people may be more apt than others, but it is skill which even the best of DJ's had to learn. Andy C was shit... Jst keep tellin urself that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom