DnB leadzzz and synthzzz, yo!

Quotec

Sup?

Does anyone know what are the basics of creating contemporary good-sounding dnb leads and synths? Can´t find much information on the internet. :/ I am using mainly Sytrus to design unique sounds so advice could be more FM synthesis oriented.

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
I'd say Yukon's example sounds like 2 saw waves detuned about 20 cents apart from eachother. Some chorus on that, and a bit of overdrive distortion for some edge.

Pretty standard stuff.

Quotec

I did experiment today creating synths and leads and I actually managed to recreate Netsky detuned saw lead and some more, but what I found is that I suck at making decent melodies. :D I suppose thats why my tracks sound shit although instruments are quite ok.

Verva

Verva Music
VIP Junglist
Any tips on liquid synths/leads? Is there any good preset pack (Massive/FM8/whatever) or something so that I can reverse engineer and get some insight?
Not that I know of. But pick up a dance preset pack, like mainstream shit, that will have leads that you could use, lots of saws.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
a good lead is a sine wave with portamento and distortion. sounds like an electric guitar. that or without dist, make that snoop dogg gangsta whine sound