DNB HAT

Welcome to the forum man. Perfect choice of tune my friend! I ain't feeling dnb much nowadays but Take Me Away is definitely one of my all time favourite dnb tunes. It just feels really powerful, vocal grabs me real goood! But enough of that (Just realised this ain't the album version is it? there is a slight difference I can't remember, not that it impacts the tune at all :lol: )

As Nydus said they just use a sample. You say you are new here, are you new to producing too? if so what you wanna do mate is find yourself some sample packs (not specifically just dnb packs, any packs will do good :) ) and then get yourself some breaks too, using breaks is a key for making dnb beats. If you do a search on layering breaks on this forum you should find a thread froma few months back when I was getting my head round it all and Mr Fletch (a member of this forum) uploaded a huge pack of breaks for us :) Thats a really handy download right there!

cheers

Thanks for the answers!:):),but how can you make these breaks yourself?
Yea im new in producing too(3 months i guess) i try myself in liquid dnb.
cheers!!

Try this one dude
dnb_cap.jpg

I used it to make this break
brkpads-wheeloff.jpg

safe...

not really man, obviously you can use single hits to make beats yourself :) but loads of big producers use breaks man!

Download a drum sample pack mate. Or try to find a hi hat pack to download etc...

Everyone use samples.... and dont listen to the guy above... never use breaks.... make your own drums... dnb severely lacks originality.... creating your own drums is sometimes the one thing that can single you out from the rest. Take Dillinja for example... you can tell a tune is his within seconds becasue his drums are so unique to his style....

but yeh.... never use breaks or loops... it makes you lazy... make your own.

as for actually "creating" a hi hat sound.... take a microphone... and a little stick.... and hit something.... record it... SORTED.....

^^^ you cant really recreate the groove tho.. imo use breaks when its necessary, do make your own tho. just another weapon in your artillery..

of course use breaks ffs rocks its a special science and the tune doesnt have to be unoriginal just because its using funk breaks. anyone who can freak an aligator boogaloo is drop kick a cow and season it on the way down. i.e ok in my book.

Back
Top Bottom