DNB Growing or Dying?

cholden

VIP Junglist
Seriously dont kow how people can say dnb is dead, more and more people are listening to it than ever and it's getting shit loads of prime time radio play.

Zane lowe has been playing loads of dnb over recent months, even played machete last night!!

what u guys think?

I think its growing, but getting diluted at the same time. Like a glass of squash, but the only thing thats being added is more water

Seriously dont kow how people can say dnb is dead, more and more people are listening to it than ever and it's getting shit loads of prime time radio play.

Zane lowe has been playing loads of dnb over recent months, even played machete last night!!

what u guys think?
Simple answer....Growing...100%
There's more parties around the world, more tunes, more producers, more DJs.....It's definitely getting bigger.

we all like to think that its underground still but that wud be complete bollox!
we even have our own awards!

I don't like to think it's underground, I love the music and would love it if it's underground, overground or way up in the sky, makes no difference to me...

Growing - more labels being set up, sales growing, more nights starting... definitely on the up

Definatelty growing. People say its dead becasue it evolves and the sound they like dies out. DnB as i used to like it has shrunk into away from the limelight a little but big messy dancefloor tracks are huge right now.. its evolves changes and expands depending on waht the main demographic is into right now most kids are into jump up hence why that sound is so big..

I think its growing, but getting diluted at the same time. Like a glass of squash, but the only thing thats being added is more water
nicely put. but all these teeny boppers wont last 2 minutes they have nothing to contribute *simple as that*

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly as a scene it is growing. But that doesn't mean the music is getting better (in the short term perhaps it has improved, but over the last 6, 8 or 10, i'm not so sure).

For those of you that think Jungle if finally going to break the commercial scene i wouldn't hold your breath, there have been so many false dawns over the years.

Completely agree with the diluted comment. I heard Dillinja say something along the lines of: "DnB is growing stagnant becuase the new crop of producers grew up on DnB only so are only able to draw inspiration from within the scene. In the old days producers were heavily into soul, funk, jazz etc. Everyone was coming from a different background and creating DnB which made it so diverse. Now most producers have grown up on the same music, it's no wonder their output is all the same."

always evolving

what is "dead" to some people is the best ever to someone else

i remember thinking jungle/drum n bass was crap years ago then a few certain tracks caught my ear, i realised the diversity and the rest is history

the youth will keep on making what they like and that will keep it going as has always been the case.

id prefer it to stay underground to be honest...makes it unique n u dont get the scene pricks round kingston rinsing pendulum n tc
sorry mate, but your very very:gaywhite:

dnb is evolving, like all music, its a gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form.

It stopped being underground years ago. As soon as it hit mainstream clubs, Roni size won that mercury music prize, remixing pop tunes with dnb mixes. Shy fx and t-power. "shake your body" Pop music.
Everyone has heard of pendulum. They are doing what the prodigy did for dance music. Made it commercial.
Underground means unsponsored, illeagal or unadvertised. Basement type venues. Very little is underground anymore. :rambo:

Back
Top Bottom