DNB GENRES

Messages
58
Likes
0
#1
what would the name be that best describes

choons like

nightbreed - pack of wolves

pendulum - voodoo people

quite rocky dnb!!!

ideas anyone?

really feelin these sort of choons at the moment
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,707
Likes
17
#2
seank_dnb said:
what would the name be that best describes

choons like

nightbreed - pack of wolves

pendulum - voodoo people

quite rocky dnb!!!

ideas anyone?

really feelin these sort of choons at the moment
Drum & Bass with a hint of Metal.

I'd personally like to name it 'Cowstep', but I don't think the name will catch on.
 

mesh

Active Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
4,398
Likes
14
#9
I'd be for describing it as rocky or metal dNb, rather than dreaming up a new actual genre for people to abuse. so I guess what you call it already is good!
 

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
Messages
4,322
Likes
15
#10
Because of the segregation of drum n' bass into its various sub-genres, is the reason why dnb has so many haters, biters and elitists :shake:
The progression of music depends on the open-mindedness of the individual, and of the influece the said individual can attract from other areas. Look how far dnb has come in the past 4 years because of crossover tracks

Can't we all just get along? :grouphug:
 

mesh

Active Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
4,398
Likes
14
#11
haha now I'm a mod I'm actually gonna fuck off and make my own site ... called HatersBitersElitists.com

:ban:

just jokes, I do honestly believe we need a common language, otherwise its hard to refer to anything specific. I guess the 'fun' comes from deciding what is a valid, useful label, and what is not helpful.

I reckon this is why SDM loves teh cowstep.
 

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Messages
11,110
Likes
3,002
#14
mesh said:
just jokes, I do honestly believe we need a common language, otherwise its hard to refer to anything specific. I guess the 'fun' comes from deciding what is a valid, useful label, and what is not helpful.
:word:

but its a balance, like with the tunes mentioned above theres no need what so ever for a new subgenre.
 

SamboG

Sup Sluts
Messages
82
Likes
0
#15
I'm with sdm and logikz... what's the point in putting subgenres into DnB? DnB is DnB, i like the way there are so many variations these days - gives you plenty to choose from!

The only "subgenre" i occasionally refer back to is Jungle, i don't think you could associate those old-skool classic drum-loops and dirty MCing to any other name!
:cool:

(I did like the Drum, Guitar and Bass idea though!!)
 
Messages
58
Likes
0
#18
aight

cheers guys

i see what you are saying about the way dnb shouldnt be divided up it sub genres but it does!!

there is such a difference between certain artists/producers,

just wondered if tehre was a sub genre for the metal dnb!

cheers for your opinions/help

dj es k
 

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Messages
5,902
Likes
15
#19
SamboG said:
I'm with sdm and logikz... what's the point in putting subgenres into DnB? DnB is DnB, i like the way there are so many variations these days - gives you plenty to choose from!

The only "subgenre" i occasionally refer back to is Jungle, i don't think you could associate those old-skool classic drum-loops and dirty MCing to any other name!
:cool:

(I did like the Drum, Guitar and Bass idea though!!)
I argue a load with people who say that drum & bass and jungle are two different types of music. I hate the very thought that its two different types of music. Jungle is dnb and dnb is jungle. Evolution of one type with a clear common theme. But calling older vocal dnb jungle is useful, as is calling newer jungle dnb is useful.

As for the rest of the genres... getting too obsessed with them leads to you becoming a Jungla-Murdererer (HAHAHAHA).
 

mesh

Active Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
4,398
Likes
14
#20
Dustek said:
I argue a load with people who say that drum & bass and jungle are two different types of music. I hate the very thought that its two different types of music.

me too, its funny how we can feel threatened by that thought. Its like acknowleding that by naming something you really do take some power over it, and if the 'wrong' people name something then it can go bad. But nothing could be more open to interpretation, given as jungle has so many influences
 
Top