dnb genre

sceneashell

hey. i needed to ask a big dnb fan something and i guessed this forum probably is the best place.

i really like the heavy type of dnb.
stuff like nero n stuff.

but everytime i go out to buy a compilation, its all the mellow/relaxing stuff.

i figured maybe its called a different genre or sumfin.

so can anyone tell me what heavy drum n bass is called?
or at least a good cd to buy with some on.

(i bought 'the worlds heaviest drum n bass' 3 disc compilation a while ago and theres about 3 songs that i like...)

cheers.

kenz

well there are branches darkstep, neurofunk, techstep that i know

to mention a few artists check evol intent, current value, counterstrike, hive, gridlok, optiv, audio etc.

i would advice welcome to violence by violence recordings, evol intent's last album and endangered species (i think the 3 ep are gathered in one cd) by black sun empire recordings.

hey. i needed to ask a big dnb fan something and i guessed this forum probably is the best place.

i really like the heavy type of dnb.
stuff like nero n stuff.

but everytime i go out to buy a compilation, its all the mellow/relaxing stuff.

i figured maybe its called a different genre or sumfin.

so can anyone tell me what heavy drum n bass is called?
or at least a good cd to buy with some on.

(i bought 'the worlds heaviest drum n bass' 3 disc compilation a while ago and theres about 3 songs that i like...)

cheers.

kenz

Right..... did you mean Nero.... the artist????

That would be a sub-genre called "Jump-UP" Which is very popular at the mo.

but if you meant the sub genre of DNB called "Neuro" then you should be looking for peopleon the cd like Prolix, Black Sun Empire, Bulletproof, Chris Su, Rusher..... and so on. But those are just a few.

Hope that helps mate

thanks for the replies guys.

my fave songs are:
Capone - Tudor Rose (Shimon Remix)
Drumsound and Bassline Smith - Cold Turkey
and EZ Rollers - Crowd Rocker

is this like the dark tech/neuro genre then?

cheers

Most popular compilations are liquid funk (vocals, light vibes, I love you, we love the world, my heart will go on, ecstacy with broken beats) or jumpup (I and I jump up massive kru with the big up, big up, sounds like hiphop on coke).

If you want the harder stuff you prefer, then you need to do a bit of searching. Not many compilations but plenty of mixes available on this site and others. Just look for Ed Rush, Noisia, Black Sun Empire, Spor, Evol Intent, Limewax...

Yeah kinda dark but not tech....try Evol Intent, Limewax, SPL, Dylan, Diesal Boy, Noisia just to name a few.

just checked out this evol intent and it sounds pretty good.
still prefere drumsound and bassline smith tho.
but yeh its a similar sort of genre init.
cheers dude

just checked out this evol intent and it sounds pretty good.
still prefere drumsound and bassline smith tho.
but yeh its a similar sort of genre init.
cheers dude

oh no no no.... :O

i class drumsound and bassline smith as jump up......

i do think you are getting your sub-genre's mixed up.

i think he's looking for jump up, look for Dj Hazard, Dj Callide, Vital elements, Twisted Individual, Zen

Aye if you're new to the scene check out the new drum&bass arena album mixed by DJ hype, it basically includes all the biggest jump tunes of the last year

Look mate, take a listen to the sets in the mixes section.

Some of them are pure jump up, some are neuro/techstep. The first has basslines that go wobble wobble wobbly wobble. The second category has basslines that sound like chainsaws.

The ones with people singing songs about love are liquid funk. The ones with jamaicans singing about ganja are mostly ragga jungle, though they are sometimes jump up. The ones with mcs singing bollocks are again jump up.

If you like all of them, then big up to you!

They're pretty distinct styles.

Back
Top Bottom