DnB Forum Summer Bash

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by DJ Wizz, Jun 8, 2011.

?

What would you prefer for the forum meet-up?

1. Club Night

44.4%
  2. Free Party

61.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DJ Wizz

DJ Wizz Bless, Union, Force FM

Hello all.

Right I havnt been around on the forum for a little while but checked back recently and asked if any forum parties were happening soon. When told there wasnt I looked into arranging one.

Ive asked around at a few venues and most of them apart from a few seem keen but i have some questions to as the mandem before i delve into sorting any of this out.

First off, do any of you guys want a summer party? an excuse to meet up together, spin some tunes and get smashed to the music we love? I know there was a Christmas party at Public Life a couple years ago. I didnt manage to make it but if you did please tell me what it was like and if it was a good venue etc?

Also thinking of doing a DJ comp to select dj sets and mc's voted for by forum members? any other fun ideas or inputs? carlton dance competitions etc with some giveaways etc... :) scratch competition/mc competition or sumthing lie that?

please let me know what you think (even if u think im a tosser)

nice :)

2. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

pretty good idea. Would definitely be interested if it be is held in the London/Central kind of area

3. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

4. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

if you make it a 17+ ting, then i will love you forever and shower you in gifts, i know it's a long shot. If not, then i'll just have to fish out my mclovin driving license

5. Gumby

Gumby New Member

ive moved this to waffle. simply because all the peeps who attended the last one were all wafflers. i dont think the general crew are the social type...

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

the biggest thing we had to do with the last one was organise payments from the members who were attending to help with the cost of hiring the venue

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

start dusting it off mate

6. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

Yeah, imagine if people from the general section went, people would talk about stuff like dnb and music production..... we can't have that!! :teeth:

but yeah good idea, but ffs london - bare expensive to get down etc (and yes i realise you went last year gumby but i'm but a poor student and london is pretty much aus to the uk in financial terms)

7. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

Yeah man, I'd probably be down with this, is there not a venue that would do it for free? It seems ludicrous paying for a venue if you're bringing loads of custom to their bar etc.

How many people went to the last one? And Gumby, did you fly over for it? wowzers!

8. Gumby

Gumby New Member

yeah bro and indi flew over from china!!

views Easily distracte

+1

10. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

The last one at Public Life was pretty good! Sorting the money can be a lot of hassle... and you will get a lot more people saying they will come than will actually turn up.
    I think we had about 60 yes' in the thread, so if you think everyone plus ones we were expecting it to be rammed (tiny venue) but I don't think there was more than 40 people there at the most.
    It was partly because there was also a Ram night, and something else on (hardware?), so make sure you pick a date when nothing else big is on.

We also got a bit of hassle at Public Life because they had door staff, but they said they wouldn't take money on the door, I did it for the start of the night but luckily one of the nicer bouncers said she would take over.

They also tried to shut the night early because it wasn't rammed, so I had to phone the manager and have a go at him to keep it open.

DJ schedules, were a nightmare with everyone wanting to play and arriving at different times... we had it all worked out before the night, but it had to be re done about 6 times while we were in there.

All in all it can be a fair bit of hard work, but it was a good laugh on the night.

11. Gumby

Gumby New Member

you need to find someone with a decent sized house. dnbforum house party would be sick

12. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Did a sterling job though James! Was a wicked night. Hopefully I won't be the designated driver if and when we have the next one. I wonder if we can hire Borfs stand in again? Seeing as the real one flaked

13. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

how many junglists can you fit in a 2 bedroom flat?

14. Gumby

Gumby New Member

public life is about the size of a 2 bedroom flat tbf!

15. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

do it in Melbourne! If Gumby & Indi could fly to London for the last one, i think everyone else should fly here! :teeth:

16. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

have you seen the size of your spiders?
    [​IMG]

17. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

This is an excellent idea, bar the dj comp bit imo, too long and drawn out... Names in a hat is far fairer too for those who aren't as "popular" on the forum... But yeah, xmas do was fucking wicked! Ain't gonna batter myself with mandy so much this time so i can actually hold a convo :twitchy:

18. charlie131

charlie131 Well-Known Member

this would be a sweet idea.. defently in london though... I imagine most members on this forum live in or around london ...

Some clubs will let you put on your night for free as long as you hit the average takings for that night, So that would be pretty simple..

As for dj tingy.. b2b b2b b2b would eliminate the bickering about it i imagine

19. JHSE23

JHSE23 the yen

+2

20. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

Maybe you could point us in the right direction out of the tube this time! :teeth: