DnB DnB Forum, I call to you in my time of need.

Moxix

Ok well any of you that have ever heard one of my tunes will recognise me as a dubstepper more than a DNB'er..

ive been trying DNB out lately for a nice change (enjoying it) but one thing that i feel i cant get is my drum sounds..

I'm familiar with processing hits which I have done but basically im finding DNB beats are alot more difficult than dubstep beats! anyway, here is a secret link to a beat I have made.

Forgive the bassline, that is not going to be in there I just threw it in there to make it a better example.

http://soundcloud.com/moxix/drums/s-PAIQx

any advice to 'phatten' this up will be massively appreciated.

Harry

percussion sounds alright to me, mixdown is what u need to focus on, bass is taking over, tweek the mixdown so the percussion is in your face and the bass is bouncing along with it rather than over it, a bit diffrent to dubstep where the bass is the main focus, the bass and percussion need to pump together

also use the right section, new talent :P

take what you have there, stick the highest quality think break you can find on there and id say youre good to go. also, change the bassline to this
total science is so awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers guys, im used to mixing to drums under the sub etc but that can be easily fixed :) i just want that shockone/pendulum/sub focus sound in there

Back
Top Bottom