DNB FORUM DJ BATTLEZ ROUND 1 THREAD

Haze

Style: 2/5
Very bland mix. There was a lot of space between mixes. Started off with all double drops, which was good, except the mixes should have been held longer if there wasn't any teasers thrown in. There was not enough use of the EQ's!!!!! Would have liked to hear a little more. I wouldn't have ended the mix with Disco Dodo dropping on its own. It should have been mixed with something for sure!!

Tune Selection: 3.5/5
As I said before, I'm basing this on how well the tunes blend together and the variety of tunes that are used. For the most part, the tunes blended together well. There wasn't very much variety in the styles of tunes that were dropped and there wasn't any teasers to help in this category.

Beat Matching: 4/5
The beat matching was pretty solid. Very minor errors, therefore a good mark in this category.

Overall: 9.5/15

Riisu

Style: 4/5
Well mixed. Nice work on the mixer. Nice touch with the teasers. Had a lot of variety in the mix, it shows that it doesn't always have to be double drops. I thought the mix, as a whole, was solid for the most part.

Tune Selection 4.5/5
I thought the tunes blended extremely well. This style of dnb is not quite my cup of tea but you pulled it off quite well.

Beat Matching 4.5/5
Beat matching was excellent, only very minor mistakes.

Overall: 13/15

Haze

Style 3/5 - Some nice doubles but once again some very large gaps that could have been filled very easily

Tune 2/5 - little to much jump up for me, not enough variation

Beat - 4/5 - Very good overall, but i hate hearing timewap played with a tune that it dont flow with that was a rookie mistake and it did not sound good

Riisu

Style 3/5 - I love the way it sounds like u have actually thought about what tunes go with what, and it worked! but lacked a bit of energy IMO, was expecting a little bit more after i saw the other guys marks seemed to play it very safe!

Tune - 4/5 Nice varied mixture of tracks absolutly loving Critical force

Beat - 4/5 Very very good! not perfect thou

haze. style, you rinsed out ten tunes in under twenty minutes which is good going, shows quick mixing, also shows that jump up tunes have short intros so you can get to drops and double drops quicker. for me a couple of the drops did nmothing for the two tunes and might have worked better if you'd just dropped teh bassline - 2.5/5

tune selection, it was only really disco dodo that stood out, the mix was on a very even keel all the way thru, you could have built it up a bit and maybe dropped a real bomb just before the end and wound it down with disco dodo. 2/5

beat matching, you got your tunes in quickly and for the most part tightly. 4/5

Haze, rinsed your mix 2wice. I think overall your mixes were solid, for the most part. some dodgy moments but it always happen when u hit record innit.

MR. Fes - Style:3 Tune Selection:2 Beat Matching: - 3.5 /15

im still mixing with fucking stanton t.60s aswell lol. 1210;s in just over two weeks tho. lav it.

i say ur doing a good job with those decks man. proper ones with make a world of difference though.

you should keep at lease one of the old ones so u can master some 3 deck mixing

i say ur doing a good job with those decks man. proper ones with make a world of difference though.

you should keep at lease one of the old ones so u can master some 3 deck mixing

by christmas i intend to have 3 x 1210's a vestax 275 and 2 axis 9's should be sorted for 09 then.

;)

riisu, style, 3.5/5 some of the mixes were really beautiful together, i could picture there with your little bald head bobbing along. a couple i thought were just in there for the sake of rolling two tunes together but it never sounded bad.

tune selection, 3.5/5 let yourself down by playing if we ever (it's just been rinsed to death) and the push it up remix, i thought you'd come in with some real freshness, but you did play a few tunes i'm feeling like think and the tube and your mix had a more rounded feel than some

beatmatching, 4.5/5 only ever very marginally out, and you'd never notice unless you're scrutinising, like i was.

Back
Top Bottom