DNB FORUM DJ BATTLEZ ROUND 1 THREAD

Mattix

Style: 3/5
When he was going for a double, he kinda just threw the second tune in about 3 seconds before the drop, I would have rather heard the two tunes build up together for longer than that before they dropped, especially with TC's Push it up rmx. Heard a few nice bass changes, would have liked to hear a little more from the EQ's though.

Tune Selection: 4/5
For the most part, the tune selection was solid. There were no serious clashes. The mix flowed quite well, and there was a wide variety of styles thrown in.

Beat Matching: 4/5
I heard two little clashes. Other than that, very solid. Did not receive a perfect mark because of the two clashes.

Overall: 11/15

DJ Pezz

I liked the fact that he let the tunes build up and drop together instead of just throwing them in 2 seconds before the drop. I would have liked to hear a little more work with the EQing though. I liked the fact that he played a few teasers, it gave the mix a little edge.

Tune Selection: 4.5/5
The tune selection was pretty good, no clashes or anything. I liked the variety of tunes that were played. Tunes blended together very well.

Beat Matching: 2/5
Started off strong and finished sloppy. I would have re-recorded the mix if that were the case.

Overall: 9.5/15

Pezz would have won if his beat matching was better. it got very sloppy at the end.

Mattix

When he was going for a double, he kinda just threw the second tune in about 3 seconds before the drop, I would have rather heard the two tunes build up together for longer than that before they dropped, especially with TC's Push it up rmx. Heard a few nice bass changes, would have liked to hear a little more from the EQ's though.

Tune Selection: 4/5
For the most part, the tune selection was solid. There were no serious clashes. The mix flowed quite well, and there was a wide variety of styles thrown in.

Beat Matching: 4/5
I heard two little clashes. Other than that, very solid. Did not receive a perfect mark because of the two clashes.

Overall: 11/15

Cheers mate. Would have brought tunes in earlier if they were in time and thought they sounded gd but was pleased with overall turn out of my mix.

Mattix

Style 3/5 - a few nice doubles (loving the proxima/creep out 1) but overall very simple lots of empty gaps to exploit, if your not gonna use teasers roll ur mixes longer

Selection 4.5/5 - Very nice mix of styles alot of tunes i really like creep out is 1 of my favs at the moment but i almost gave u a 1 for playing that shit TC remix I HATE IT lol

Beat matching 4/5 - very solid apart from a few minor pings, very good overall

11.5/15

Why the deadline, if my mix won't be up for a couple of weeks?

I rushed to get it in on time, now i gota wait for ages until it's marked, personally would rather record something im happy with and send it to you when the guys before me are being judged.

Not a dig im just not 100% happy with what i'v entered :(

I rushed to get it in on time, now i gota wait for ages until it's marked, personally would rather record something im happy with and send it to you when the guys before me are being judged.

i agree with you slightly.. i was thinking that if i was in it and picked last i would wanna do my mix as late as possible due to curtain tunes getting released

Ye I agree....i mean I go to bording school and so only had tome to record it on the weekend...It resulted in only having 1 hour to record and send off the mix...which 2bh wasn't enuf cuz I only got 1 attempt.....also agree with the idea that tunes will get rinsed and the later mixes wont be as fresh

Mattix

Style 3/5 - a few nice doubles (loving the proxima/creep out 1) but overall very simple lots of empty gaps to exploit, if your not gonna use teasers roll ur mixes longer

Selection 4.5/5 - Very nice mix of styles alot of tunes i really like creep out is 1 of my favs at the moment but i almost gave u a 1 for playing that shit TC remix I HATE IT lol

Beat matching 4/5 - very solid apart from a few minor pings, very good overall

11.5/15

Cheers mate, appreciate the comments. Style is one of those things, thats the way i like to mix and if id have had a third deck i would have brought in teasers but i was happy with the final outcome.

Big Ups!!!

:D:D

for pezz, i give 3's across the board.

style i thought was decent, teases could have and should have been heavier, it was just all about the tune over the top and not about the two together.

tune selection was decent as well, different vibes across the mix but i felt maybe too many popular tracks.

beat matching, like the others have said was ok, you can obviously do it, it's just gutting when things go a bit out of time and it's really noticable, sometimes you can get away with it, sometimes not.

Pez -

Style 4/5 i liked the style to be honest some nice teasers could have done a few more thou to fill the large gap in shock out, but good

tune selection - 4/5 Very good but as some one else said a little to many bangers!! should have varied it up with a few oldies

beat - 2.5/5 - this is where u fell down, i really liked ur set but it was ruined buy a few sloppy spots and some over useing of the eq (tear u down/taken)

overall 10.5/15

for mattix,

style i give 2.5/5. all tunes are mixed together, there's no just dropping basslines, which is something i like to hear. but there is no embelishment after that, which was a bit of a let down because you could have done some quick teases and still got decent mixes out of your ten tunes.

tune selection i give 3/5. as with pezz, i thought you played too many popular tracks. but there was a nice dancey vibe throughout the mix. a lot of your drops worked well, but sometimes as a listener i wanna be shocked by a wicked switch or a completely out there tune mixed with an anthem.

beatmatching i give 4.5/5. as good as there's been so far. never at any point did i think 'oh dear, he let that slide a bit' so i thought you deserved near top marks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom