(DnB) First DnB tune in progress

dethurah

http://soundcloud.com/dethurah/work-in-progress-1-dnb

Hi guys

Im new around here, and this is my first attempt at a drum & bass track ever, so bear with me. I used to produce dubstep though. It is still far from finished, just a work in progress, so there are missing a lot: More instruments, a lot variation, detail, better mixing and mastering. Also i haven't come further than to the second breakdown.

I would really appreciate some feedback, just to see if I'm going in the right direction. What works and what doesn't? How is the mix so far? Should some element be taken out or added? Does the track lack energy after the drop? (I think so, and it bothers me).

I do have ideas myself, but it seems so easy to mess it all up.

I will make sure to give a lot feedback to other tracks on the forum :)

Last edited:
it sounds like your going for a tech style here... the intro worked really well (and was well produced), but the drop let it down for me as it seemed a bit to 'happy' for the darkstyle of the tune? sorry that as advice thats more subjective than actualy fact/help but that's all i got?

Thanks :) that's okay, and I follow you. I have also considered totally reworking the bass line after the drop, maybe strething the theme of the bass over 4 or 8 bars instead. Maybe using different synths - some more dark and dirty with more high end to it. Yes, it seems to happy, ill try making it more dark.

Honestly,I like the way this songs sounds...it's ...sortta ...funny :)).Anyways,since you don't have any musical experience and assuming that you also don't have a musical background this songs' a nice start.Keep on working hard.
dethurah said:
does the song lack energy after the drop?
Kind of,well...it's not the most...'danceable' song of them all...even though it sounds good.

I like that drop man, drums sound pretty tight aswel. I see what you mean about losing energy though, that rising synth in the intro builds up nicely, but its when that disappears that theres a contrast. Bass is nice aswel, just needs a bit more surrounding it. Sick for a first tune though mate, like it (y)

after the drop it felt a bit lackluster, like there was no sub bass or depth. The rest is really smooth though, i'm liking the bass stabby sound :D

hey man, this is totally a very good work for a first try, and I'm usually very exigent ;)
keep on that man! but try not to sound like all the dnb nowadays, which is: "reese filter automated bassline, rolling drums and ambient effects" try tu push your boundaries from the very beginning and getting your own sound.
nice work!

it doesn't have the energy after the drop, but i like it overall. the intro is great, but it could be a lot heavier (my taste).

Back
Top Bottom