DnB Dieing?

Who ever said hardcore is dying is clueless.. There are tons and tons of events going on.. The hardcore events piss all over drum & bass events. Full of sexy women and no attitude.. The last hardcore rave in birmingham sold out with 4000 people.. Drum & bass raves don't sell out anymore unless it's a Pendulum gig lol

But how do you know that tho ???? Are you that fly on the wall in the studio?? People on forums always go on like this only happens with jump up and thats the problem..

Its kinda obvious man... Im not slating jump up, I enjoy it sometimes, i'm just saying that so many jump up songs have the same structure, and it sounds like either the same samples are being used, or people are tweaking their sounds only to be like others.

An example i will give you, is scan darker by taxman. This is a big tune, and i like it. However, chapter 3, by ego trippin is like the most blatant clone of this tune ever. It is as if jump up producers (not all of them!) have lost use of the direction 'forward' and have instead decided to churn out the same old beats recycled- A lot of new jump up producers, appear (at least to me) to be trying to replicate the sounds of the bigger players, lor should I say playaz.

And as for this only happening with jump up, well, i think its more noticeable with this genre, because gurgles and whomps seem to be easier to compare to each other than say the bassline of a spor track.

Its kinda obvious man... Im not slating jump up, I enjoy it sometimes, i'm just saying that so many jump up songs have the same structure, and it sounds like either the same samples are being used, or people are tweaking their sounds only to be like others.

An example i will give you, is scan darker by taxman. This is a big tune, and i like it. However, chapter 3, by ego trippin is like the most blatant clone of this tune ever. It is as if jump up producers (not all of them!) have lost use of the direction 'forward' and have instead decided to churn out the same old beats recycled- A lot of new jump up producers, appear (at least to me) to be trying to replicate the sounds of the bigger players, lor should I say playaz.

And as for this only happening with jump up, well, i think its more noticeable with this genre, because gurgles and whomps seem to be easier to compare to each other than say the bassline of a spor track.

I know what your saying mate.. I get demos all day long and all i hear is cloned shit.
I havent got time for cloned shit..

cabbie and callide are two of the better up and comming jump up producers imo.
cabbie especially is putting out some good stuff and seems to get better with every release.

i think he'll be rollin true come this time next year.

cabbie and callide are two of the better up and comming jump up producers imo.
cabbie especially is putting out some good stuff and seems to get better with every release.

i think he'll be rollin true come this time next year.

Cabbie is far from new.. He's been around for ages.. Just never put alot of stuff under his own name.. He's had stuff out on Moving Shadow, Slow Motion, Smokers Inc etc...
He's released under Cabbie, Cab E, THC etc
Watch out for Cabbie & Escape coming soon ;)

Cabbie is far from new.. He's been around for ages.. Just never put alot of stuff under his own name.. He's had stuff out on Moving Shadow, Slow Motion, Smokers Inc etc...

:word:

Check out "Cabbie - Parasite" ;)

Drum n bass was better when it had heavy bassslines n passionate ravers bk in the 90's. Jump up is just techno style dnb in my opionion. DnB isn't gonna die coz i will allways listen to my old skool tapes even if im into sumink else right now. But this jump-up bullocks is puttin me off dnb, u talk about the true greats like andy c etc they all crampin their style coz they play all dis new crap which sounds the same, n when they double-drop, it sounds awful, i notice more cocks have started listen to dnb (threads on emo's) nowadays its everywhere all these new tunez, cars, pubs and all the clubs. nuff respect for this new generation coz there ain't nuffing better then dnb for ravin to till dis day n dnb is a worthy winner cummin from a true fan. But dnb is gonna get rinsed and turn into a thing where money is gonna be made more then music.

DNB WILL NEVER DIE. BUT COULD BE KILLED BY ITSELF.

I love my dark evil heavy bass. Stuff that bends my mind, I have to wade through lot of shitty tunes to get to the gems of DnB.

Drum n bass was better when it had heavy bassslines n passionate ravers bk in the 90's. Jump up is just techno style dnb in my opionion. DnB isn't gonna die coz i will allways listen to my old skool tapes even if im into sumink else right now. But this jump-up bullocks is puttin me off dnb, u talk about the true greats like andy c etc they all crampin their style coz they play all dis new crap which sounds the same, n when they double-drop, it sounds awful, i notice more cocks have started listen to dnb (threads on emo's) nowadays its everywhere all these new tunez, cars, pubs and all the clubs. nuff respect for this new generation coz there ain't nuffing better then dnb for ravin to till dis day n dnb is a worthy winner cummin from a true fan. But dnb is gonna get rinsed and turn into a thing where money is gonna be made more then music.

Yeah right, it could get killed by itself because it starts getting big and making money and having crossover appeal...

No mate... Not at all...

Your final statement, so profound that you felt the need to put it in capitals is a self contradictory load of shite...

What a load of fucking bollocks.

it's people like you who ruin the scene, moaning about jump up all the time. it's drum and bass at the end of the day, people love it and surely that's a good thing? why does it matter who listens to it anyway? for fuck sakes, how is more listeners going to ruin drum and bass?!! your talking out your arse mate!

you know what i mean tho.

'mainline' dnb is on fucking lock down, it's so hard to break in it's almost sickening.

loads of people been knocking at the door for time now, but everyone inside is too deaf to hear it.... due to too many years of raving!

dnb is spose to be underground, i hate commerical bullocks, dnb is still numba one ravin shit, but if u got to complain go on complain to the creator of this thread coz this ting is stupid to begin with. Greg P u are a wanka n i ave ad problems wid u b4 so shut the fuck up cunt. I said my own opionion n i get cussed, i started listen to the proper sets when i woz 13 n i compare them bk then to now, today is borin n sounds the same.

But its alright u can listen to chase n status n pendulum (Fags) if u want to guys them 2 are simply the best...not!

Back
Top Bottom