DnB DAW of choice?

Forerunner

Overtime I've seen a lot of drum and bass producers, produce alot of their work on fruity loops (FL STUDIO). I personally use ableton but only because it was the first draw I ever got a custom too, making it hard to change workflow. I just wanted to know, is fruity loops the drum and bass go-to DAW? If not what is it?

I think it depends entirely on the individual for what DAW they prefer, especially since as far as I'm aware they all (apart from Reason) support VSTs making them extremely versatile for anything from Classical to Dupstep.

I'm probably chatting a load of shit though because I'm on Reason haha...

I've only met 5 or so people using FL, so I would rate it as on the lesser used end.

Well from what i know its Phace, Noisia, Emperor, Billain, etc... Alot of technical guys that i would imagine upgrading to another DAW.

That might just be what they grew up with or got used to, or first used. In my experience people get a lot of influence from others in terms of what DAW to use, so if their Drum & Bass mates were using a particular program at the time then they may have followed suit because they didn't know of anything else, like me lol.

Well from what i know its Phace, Noisia, Emperor, Billain, etc... Alot of technical guys that i would imagine upgrading to another DAW.

I thought Noisia and Phace use Cubase...? Spor and Billain are the only 2 I've heard of using FL. Either way, I don't think ti matters what DAW you use, as long as you know how to get a good result from it.

i've been using fruity for the best part of a year, it gets a lot of stick, but i don't think it's any less capable than any of the others.

i tried making the jump from fruity to cubase recently and i got lost, didn't have a fucking clue what i was doing....so jumpd back in FL and made some beats.

I really like Fruity but I prefer Logic.
My workflow was better in Fruity but I just wasn't good at making music back then. I had no idea about chords, scales or anything.

Logic has also helped me learn a few things that I never would have learn't with Fruity. It also helped me develop in a few different areas.
i started getting into bad habits with fruity but when I switched I basically started again and my production is a bit better because of it.

I used FL for about ~4 years.. recently changed to StudioOne and all i can say that my workflow got so much better and faster. In FL studio i somehow allways ended up with 16bar loop and that was it - no further progression. And one more thing about studio1 is that the built-in plugins are just amazing. Verbs/delays sound so much better than in FL. One major difference between FL and the other DAW's is the FL step-sequencer. Alot easier for the beginners to start banging out beats in fruity just because of the step-sequencer.

Back
Top Bottom