dn'b culture....

Chicken

:rave: What five words best describe Drum n Bass culture?

What features of a club heighten your clubbing experience?

How do you think dn’b’s culture has changed over the years?

If you were opening a club, what architectural features would you incorporate?

Chicken said:
What five words best describe Drum n Bass culture?

I'll pass. I'm too jaded to say anything positive.

Sick intelligent lighting from Martin, High End Systems, Clay Paky, Robe, or Vari*Lite!

Also a sound system that isn't distorted or clipping is always good.

I liken it to owning stock in Lucent Technologies. Then again it was always too moody for my tastes. The happy hardcore scene in Toronto was far better.

High ceilings for a good light show is a must. Too many super clubs and regular clubs that I've been to in my area have really low ceilings which always sucked.

Many emergancy exits are also a must incase of the event of fire.

If you were opwning a club, what music would you program?

Friday nights would be hard minimal techno and tech house. Saturday would be cheesy KTU dance crap because it brings in the most drink sales most likely. Sunday would be loungy house & gospal house & live jazz, and LTJ bukem style sets, the doors would open early and there would be an early closing so people can get to work on monday. Thursday would be DnB because according to the dnb events in NYC, dnb heads dont have jobs or school because theyre always on Thrusday nights. In rotation and by demand, once a month or bi-monthly there would be a happy hardcore night, acid house night, and 'ardkore night.

Last edited:
energetic, tight-knit, down, dirty, innit

great sound, lights, well-stocked bar, enough room to dance, not too hot.

smoothed out the rough edges

put the dj where i can see what he/she is doing please. a large dancefloor (not elevated... i hate that) with no poles in the middle. more than one room. plenty of places to sit.

Ohh yes. A club that features two big screens. One screen would be fed from a camera on the left turntable and the other screen would be fed from a camera on the right turntable. This way, no matter where you are in the club, you can see what records are playing.

Either that or feature a DJ booth that is slightly below the dancefloor so that people can easily see the records.

None of this DJ on a high platform crap, thats bullshit.

1992 said:
Ohh yes. A club that features two big screens. One screen would be fed from a camera on the left turntable and the other screen would be fed from a camera on the right turntable. This way, no matter where you are in the club, you can see what records are playing.

Either that or feature a DJ booth that is slightly below the dancefloor so that people can easily see the records.

None of this DJ on a high platform crap, thats bullshit.

yeah.. i guess it would be cool to look up just to verify with yourself that yep, he is just playing whites and dubs o_O

What five words best describe Drum n Bass culture?

Amen girls, bass camo guys.

Junglettes. And bass to make you wet yourself.

Music going underground

Architectural? As in building elements? You must be joking. Give me a good DJ and the Valve sound system and I'll bop my ass off in a celler or aircraft hangar. Only the music matters. Oh and a clean toilet.

Hmm...
Lotsa bass!!
An underground setting,in a dodgy, small old building wiv crumbling bricks cuz the bass is so loud! like the cellers in the Buttermarket, Shrewsbury or Band On The Wall in Manchester
:2thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom