[DnB Cover] OaT - Somebody that i used to know [Free Download]

Nice track. IMO the track stands up on it's own and doesn't need the vocal sample in there, as it sounds a little out of tune and is a bit distracting. But if you like it then go for it! (y)

I never planned to add vocal samples to this one as i feel the same like you, was mere a try-out if i can get it to groove with the rest and found the "out of tune" style feels quite interesting to me. But i guess i upload a version without vocals too just because i can haha
Mixed this track differently that usual, got a lot of parallel multiband compression going on to get that drums right into your face, did i accomplish that goal?
Thanks for your feedback!

- OaT

Mixed this track differently that usual, got a lot of parallel multiband compression going on to get that drums right into your face, did i accomplish that goal?

Yeah the drums sound great, very in your face! Do you have a screenshot of what you did?

Iam not on my computer right now but basically i divided all my vsts which are multiple instances of xfer serum into groups, for example the sub bass with the reeses, the plucks with the risers and fall-ins, the kick and snare and so on.
Those groups were send prefader into fx channels where those individual tracks were multiband compressed and eq'd and adjusted in volume - that way i reduced the number of faders i have to regulate and made sure that the corresponding tracks that were on one group behave symbiotic to each other. My kick and snare have about the same volume and punch that way and mix well into the rest of the mix.
Then exported the sum into a stereo track, added systemic multiband compression and other stuff that goes with mastering and the result is quite different compared to how i mixed before.
Iam a sound technician in apprenticeship and tried this approach i got from mixing sound in a live situation in my studio. If you have more questions feel free to ask :)

Back
Top Bottom