dnb - could use some feedback on this one..

some good sounds in there. liking the drums!

buuut, the riff coming in at bar 48 is kinda annoying and i thought the bass should be less wompy and more growly.

big ups!

Thanks for the feedback, my poor ears were beat last night, i shouldn't of uploaded it yet, the darker reese needs to come up a bit, not to much though, not really going for the gritty sound here.. But thanks fellas, it's much appreciated..

Well, i been in the dnb scene since like, ermm LTJ Bukem came out but, there are sooo mannnyy sub genres these days with all the naming.

In my opinion, it's minimal-ish, dark, atmospheric and progressive but yea......

Sure man, you can have a bounce, i noticed on the track in the vid, i didn't copy over some automation so towards the end, it gets to wompy which i fixed last night but my ears were hammered lol, had the phones on for like 3 hours lol...

What's your email?

The beat is awesome.. nice variation in the hits and the percussion fits well.. the mixdown in general sounds very clean

Atmosphere is cool.. the sounds complement each other pretty well.. theres not much to change in my opinion. You could maybe add a little more variation in the main sections.. halfway through it you could add faster percussion or more bass hits/stabs.

Nice work

Thanks man, it's nice to see someone appreciate the mixdown :D

I was going to add some more hats and still can... Not sure i wanna speed it up any though, It rolls like a mac truck the way it is, im bias towards my own tunes to though lol...

I don't give a shit about genre definition it's all too subjective... but this sounds great too my ears! love the space both in terms of stereo width and the arrangement of elements. Very crisp and clear throughout; great track.

Thanks! All the feedback is much appreciated guys, i worked on this one for about 3 days off and on, got about 20 hours in it id say.. I could certainly improve it but, i kind of like it where it is. If you don't listen to it loud, you don't get the full effect :bone:

Wow, those are some solid, clear drums! This would really be a lot of fun to mix with a lot of other tunes, especially because it has elements of so many different genres. (BTW, I think DnB / Jungle has more sub-genres than any other music on the planet, which is probably a good thing!).

Back
Top Bottom