DNB categories

Dj Jammin

VIP Junglist
I hear all this shit like intelligent drum n bass and techstep darkcore etc, i was wondering what Dillinja fell under

I hear all this shit like intelligent drum n bass and techstep darkcore etc, i was wondering what Dillinja fell under
No offence man, but turning DnB into various subcategories is a silly idea - it's all DnB!

I have to say I don't really rate Dillinja that highly at the moment, despite buying his new EP on Valve - giving it a chance!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, its Dilly himself hiding behind an alias, trying to stir some shit about himself to get some talk, because he knows everyone has forgotten about him again.
I'm not joking either, this happens every year. He makes some shit tune, everyone forgets, he stirs some shit, he makes a stormer that goes off everywhere, and he's back on top again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, its Dilly himself hiding behind an alias, trying to stir some shit about himself to get some talk, because he knows everyone has forgotten about him again.
I'm not joking either, this happens every year. He makes some shit tune, everyone forgets, he stirs some shit, he makes a stormer that goes off everywhere, and he's back on top again.
Fast Car :teeth:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, its Dilly himself hiding behind an alias, trying to stir some shit about himself to get some talk.

In that case we must ask Dillpickles why he stopped making cool tracks like "From Beyond" That record is a beautiful thing, my friend had a copy of that. I honestly thought he was joking that it was Dillinja because I associate Dills with that distorted clownstep sound.

Not even just clownstep but before that when he made average DnB tracks in the early 2000s that I bought, the tracks were distorted beyond belief like as if they were made by someone who didn't know what they were doing. His early 'ardkore stuff is so good its amazing that they were made by the same person.

No offence man, but turning DnB into various subcategories is a silly idea - it's all DnB!

What about the young teenager who stumbles upon DnB for the first time and hears clownstep and hates it? It would be better for that teen to know that not all DnB is as bad as that and that there are both: eras and sub categories to explore.

I have to say I don't really rate Dillinja that highly at the moment, despite buying his new EP on Valve - giving it a chance!

Where is the love........the love........where is the love...............the love, the love , the love :teeth:

wtf is this actually sdm? where is your fence :teeth:

dj jammin dont listen to these haters get me :D
well i like dillinja, some people have bad times i just god damn like him, maybe memories. point is dont worry about the genres just love the music

What happens most? On here and elsewhere...

A -
What about the young teenager who stumbles upon DnB for the first time and hears clownstep and hates it? It would be better for that teen to know that not all DnB is as bad as that and that there are both: eras and sub categories to explore.

or

B- What about the many people who hear Pendulum, like it, want to know more about DnB and the genres and get told to fuck off because they like 'clownstep'?

:shrug:

Are they not worthy to explore your definitions of more cred sub categories?

Who remembers the dark ages?

Hardly anyone...Cos most people who were into dnb then whether ravers or djs got bored and moved on to experiment and progress with different sounds and genres...

Where is the love........the love........where is the love...............the love, the love , the love :teeth:

dj jammin dont listen to these haters get me :D
well i like dillinja, some people have bad times i just god damn like him, maybe memories. point is dont worry about the genres just love the music

B- What about the many people who hear Pendulum, like it, want to know more about DnB and the genres and get told to fuck off because they like 'clownstep'?

:shrug:

Are they not worthy to explore your definitions of more cred sub categories?

:word: :word: :word:

Christ 1992, you really are abusing the word recently.

Its fucking old, boring, arrogant and more DOA than Chav XL.

Last edited:
You mean Clownstep?

That Chav XL mix that was posted was great! I love how it makes fun of Clownstep. The Steve Irwin track was especially humorous. Shame there aren't more people on DOA like Chav XL. Hell with DOA though, I wish Chav XL posted here.

Wtfaggot is wrong with clownstep anyhow? if it sounds good people will like it if it sounds shit people will hate it :^). Anyone who hates mainstream stuff because it's mainstream needs to get the stick out of their ass; Anal retentive losers :D

Wtfaggot is wrong with clownstep anyhow? if it sounds aweful people will like it if it sounds shit people will love it :^). Anyone who hates mainstream stuff because it's mainstream needs to put a clown in their ass; Anal retentive losers :D

Yeah, it sounds like the sort of Guido music that would be played on KTU or at the jersey shore. Only difference is that it has a 2 step beat.

Hey whatever, just don't make me listen to it.:tosser:

I really hate how dnb is either clownstep or that heavy metal amen break music that Dylan does. The only good stuff coming out now seems to be liquid funk and the one or two releases a year of the 2002 'ardkore revival stuff that I loved so much. This year it seems to be Vital Elements "Bad boy tune" and the great Digital track on the Winter of Context LP. There were a small handful of others but not much. I've been wanting to do a mix of these but I haven't gotten around to it just yet.

Hey whatever, just don't make me listen to it.:tosser:

honestly mate no one is making you listen, and you are the only person on this forum who even uses the term. please, please, give it a rest. let it die if thats what you need.

Dillinja is and always will be a legend IMO. I Loved the "Big Bad Bass" album with sidekick Lemon D, some absolutely sick tunes on that album and i like (though not as much) some of the new shit like "96Thing" and "Basscone", i don't really mix so called "Clownstep" but it's nice to get a bit of varation into a set with a tune that has a slightly more commercial vibe. I think it breaks things up a bit better. I reckon it makes a mix tell a story rather than being a bunch of tunes beatmatched together

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom