DNB by artists who don't normally make DNB songs

Dalek657

Hey this is a thread I thought would be fun to post DNB tracks by artists who don't normally make DNB and let everyone know what you think of the tracks posted.

I know his new project Glass Cobra is going to be all DNB but I did like this track particularly on his debut album.

I love Eptic's dubstep stuff and his trademark synths are great so it was nice to see them incorporated into DNB for a change.

I love this. Ellie Goulding's voice is amazing in my opinion and works brilliantly against a DNB beat. Although the beat is a bit weak it's good enough and makes a really nice song.

Another with Ellie Goulding love this too.

Never heard of any of them cunts in the original post but this was a pretty great effort from Todd Terry in the late 90s

Hearing that intro as a stoned teenager is one of my earliest memories of drum & bass

Only have some older examples too, Predator and Ruffneck, who both are legends in gabber. They started releasing dnb around 1999 (and it was already great stuff imo), Ruffneck had his own labels Metrik and Ruff-Teck with guys like Hidden, Eye D and Current Value releasing there. Ruffneck´s gabber releases were heavily influenced by breakbeat anyway so, logical progression pretty much. Predator had releases on Citrus, Fokuz, Acetate, Formation´s sublabel 5HQ with Noisia and Digital for example. I think they both didn´t release anything dnb-wise after 2005 tho.

Back
Top Bottom