DnB dnb build ups

Blend 107

hi,
how do would i go about creating a dnb build up (used in loads of tracks) where the kick and snare are made into low sounds .. i know im rubbish at explaining it (tried to use search function and google for ages but didnt know what to search for :/ )
like the bit in this track between 0:22 - 0:44

cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, as Jim says, low pass filter is what you want. Most DAWs will have a filter of some sort built in and then you automate it to open up as your track builds up.

I remember when I first started producing and didn't know how to do this either haha.

It's funny how such a small thing like automating a simple stock filter (either hipass or lowpass) can have such a huge impact on a tune. :)

ive been automating the spread from mono to real stereo and then quickly back to mono just before the drop!! sounds MAD BRO

thanks for all the tips :) ive finished the track in question, should i post in a new thread? would really appreciate some criticism!
cheers

Sure :) If you look there is a subsection below this forum for 'New Talent and Track reviews', post it in there. If you are looking for specific feedback often best to post that along with the track (e.g. how is my build up to the drop ? :) )

Back
Top Bottom