dnb break?

Maybe it's the ride then. It's the first symbal you hear. There's a bit too much of it going through. I like the reversed splash.

Yup, way too much. I'd nearly cut it out altogether. or if you're going to use it in a tune maybe have it kick in very sparingly. Maybe to help separate out different sections

Volumewise, more ride/hats, less snare, teeny bit more kick maybe. Maybe cut the snare a little short with some gating, but I'm not sure about that.
Probably get rid of either hats or ride, or if not, integrate them into one groove(i.e. don't play them both at the same time)

Fewer crashes, I think there are too many. Consider getting rid of them altogether.
Maybe try and integrate the reversed crash into the groove? Just an idea, but worth trying maybe.
Ok, with regards to the pattern of kick and snare
- keep kick on beats one and three and snare on beats two and four, like you've got
-If you do add more kicks in, don't put them on the obvious beats, put them on random semiquavers until you find something that sounds good.

Does all of that make sense, or am I just talking gibberish at you?

A bit to much reverb for my taste and like smoothassilk said, to many crashes. Try it with open hi-hats instead of a crash :)

Volumewise, more ride/hats, less snare, teeny bit more kick maybe. Maybe cut the snare a little short with some gating, but I'm not sure about that.
Probably get rid of either hats or ride, or if not, integrate them into one groove(i.e. don't play them both at the same time)

Fewer crashes, I think there are too many. Consider getting rid of them altogether.
Maybe try and integrate the reversed crash into the groove? Just an idea, but worth trying maybe.
Ok, with regards to the pattern of kick and snare
- keep kick on beats one and three and snare on beats two and four, like you've got
-If you do add more kicks in, don't put them on the obvious beats, put them on random semiquavers until you find something that sounds good.

Does all of that make sense, or am I just talking gibberish at you?

All of that made sense. I'll probably put the crash only at the starts/ends and boos the hihats/ride. But I don't want to get rid of ride/hats.. I kinda like it the way it is. :/
Will try to do something with the snare..

Thanks for the constructive feedback! Means and helps a lot!

Last edited:
Sounds good to me... to be honest, how does it sound to you? :P its a perfectly fine loop you can use for practically anything. Any particular style you are going for like the heavier style? or what? Let us know! To me its perfect haha just do whatever creative you want with it bro! <3

Sounds good to me... to be honest, how does it sound to you? :P its a perfectly fine loop you can use for practically anything. Any particular style you are going for like the heavier style? or what? Let us know! To me its perfect haha just do whatever creative you want with it bro! <3

I wanna use it for melodic dnb. Something similar to "Laurence" by Feint. It's just that I started dnb not so long time ago and I'm not that good. And when I listen to it for too long it starts sounding annoying.
Thanks for the love tho!

Sounds a bit
van-halen-160jpeg.jpg

i'd tone down the reverb by quite a lot - also put in some old funk breaks in the background, sounds like not nearly nough syncopation in there.

Yeah it sounds poppy, but the key here bro is balance and being gentle with whatever you use! You want to only fill in the ears gently with whatever sounds like reverb, and all your sounds, So you are fulfilling the dynamics. And to explain dynamics, your dynamics imagine is a 3d box. That 3d box is your entire range of your sound... thats how much its pushing! Add some synths to there and work your magic bro! Or just sit there and keep working on different loops too! Believe me, if you dont like a loop you may like it later on... but you can always work up a brand new loop

Much love bro, all my best in you acheiving what you want!

Just realized my headphones have a 5dB boost on mid/treble. fml

- - - Updated - - -

@Raptor's Den: Try to make more sense when you write feedbacks. Not trying to be rude, just honest.

@cold quake, you aint being rude m8 haha. I understand. Im just saying you can either tighten up the kicks by using the proper frequency regions where the thud would hit for the kick and snare, and getting a sharp, crisp, clear, yet loud snare and very nice gentle high hats is all i'm saying if OP wanted to make tighter.. rather its looser right now in its current state which again i say just cause its loose doesnt mean its bad.. sounds real good but unless it fits for your idea and is your idea I highly do as well recomend taking out that reverb and taking the entire bass off that reverb! :P Hope this helps better sorry!

@AzUk, I totally understand where you are coming in your sense. Yeah cool way to look at it. Rather, in my example where I am coming from is just imagine the 3d image of the sound. The simplest way to explain it is imagine the box is a limiter. within that box you can push your sound to as powerful as you want it, just cant crush it unless it sounds good and you know hat you are doing! but thats besides the point. This is just one example amongst literal millions.. :) Sound does produce a 3d image of whatever frequency is playing, but with sound waves! haha. its really cool! As you can see I absolutely LOVE Spectrographs and looking at my frequency at all times xD

Last edited:
It sounds really pop-ish and 80s. Which I know is the trend in a lot of genres, but it's not to my personal taste. I think the kick could stand out a bit more and like some of the other posters said, cut down on some of the rides, especially that first big one (I'd just cut that one out altogether tbh).

I think if you made each 2nd kick more layered and pronounced, with some more snap and crunch at their tail-end and more punch in their start, that'd add so much more energy to the loop. You got some potential man. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom