DnB Blog - History Sessions

Rich Pitchshift

VIP Junglist
History%2520Sessions.jpg

Brand new feature taking a retrospective look on rave, and how DnB / Jungle all began. The series will be written by long time DJ and record collector Eazyflow. Each month he will be sharing his knowledge of how the scene progressed and recording a mix to represent each era. The first part is titled 'A Rave New World' and introduces you to the world of early 90’s rave.

Link: http://www.dnbblog.co.uk/2013/01/dnb-history-sessions-part-1-rave-new.html

Just like to add that we've put a Facebook comments section at the bottom of the page should you wish to share any of your experiences since listening to drum and bass. It would be great to hear other peoples stories.

Hello DnBforum!

Thanks to anyone who's taken time to read the posts and check out the mixes. The feedback is muchly appreciated :)

Great stuff! It's really interesting reading (and listening to) how DnB became the genre it is today :3
Is this series just going to stick to the 90s, or will it keep on going until you reach modern day Drum & Bass?

Great stuff! It's really interesting reading (and listening to) how DnB became the genre it is today :3
Is this series just going to stick to the 90s, or will it keep on going until you reach modern day Drum & Bass?

Cheers dude:afro:

The plan at the moment is to take it up to around 2002 when DnB went worldwide and Andy C was worshipped as some kind of dj-ing deity.

After that I'm thinking of doing profiles of artists/labels etc who played a large part in DnB's history. Or I may go further back in time to talk about the impact 80's electro, acid house and Belgian techno had in the scene's evolution. Eventually I want to open it up to anyone else who might like to write a piece to add to the history sessions too...

They're all just ideas at the moment of course - at the current rate it's going to be around the end of the year before I even reach that point lol

Not sure how I have overlooked this series, but I will definitely be checking these out providing my internet connection behaves itself

Back
Top Bottom