DNB Beat Blog

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
Easy Guys,

mate of mine has started a little blog style page to keep people up to date with a lot of the latest mixes and forthcoming bits, it's a good resource especially if you're just looking for a couple of mixes to get you through the day!

any kind of feedback on how to improve it in any way, whether it's worth doing and so on and so forth would be greatly appreciated!

http://dnbbeatblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Thought I'd bump this thread back up. Just wondering if anyone on the forum has any feedback etc to help us out?

It looks nice mate! I like the layout, the links, etc. The quality of presentation is great, as is the content :)

The only thing im not sold on is your logo. I think its the 'e', it looks quite large.

Nice site.. maybe one or two things graphic wise..

* I agree with the comment about the logo above. Think something smarter/sharper would work better.

* Once you click each of the tabs the graphic changes and the text doesn't quite fit well. Why not just have the tab change colour when clicked to show it is selected?

Otherwise really nice work. I'm not sure if you should call it a blog.. not sure where you're trying to go with it but if you presented it as a dnb news and review website rather than a blog then I think you'd get a better audience. For example DNB Arena basically started off doing the same thing as you but I wouldn't have ever called them a blog site and because of that you view the site differently. You read it to get dnb news and updates directly, not to read a blog, which is what your site seems to do too. Once you've established that you can start linking where to buy tracks, advertising events and start making some moneys!

Don't know if that makes much sense. Just my opinion I guess.

Last edited:
Cheers for the feedback guys, really appreciated! I went with calling it a blog as it seems these days blogs are quite a popular outlet, even DNBA has it's own blog. I guess I didn't want to advertise as a website as I don't feel like it is right now, it's just mine (at the mo') and soon to be a few of my friends opinions on links / mixes / news already on the web, which I thought was the essence of what a blog is. To be honest the name / logo was something I did quickly rather than brainstorm or sit and design. I've been thinking of changing it but struggling to think of something drum and bass related that isn't already taken. Any suggestions on names / logo ideas would be great.

been looking for something like this for a while, looks good, but will post up any feedback as i use it a bit over the next week

Just a quick update. I've added some new features to the site. Please check it out and let me know what you think. I've even added a personalised message for visitors from the forum that pops up at the top.

Quick bump just to try get some more feedback now the site has been up and running for a couple of months.

Have any of you guys been using the site? If so what do you think to the content etc?

Havent really been on it outside of seeing it on this forum. But the content is good, some decent mixes on there. Will save it to my favourites

Coming along nicely! Graphics have improved and a lot of content too.

You thought about trying to get some of your own content on there? Doing some interviews yourself?

I know a couple of producers you and others would know who I'm sure could field 5 minutes of questions. Don't want to throw their names up on here without their knowing though. Drop me a message if interested.

Not really thought about it but could be an idea. I'll drop you a PM soon to arrange something, thanks :)

No worries.. I really think the logical progression would be to host your own material as well as collating everything from across the scene as you're doing already. Maybe get some guest mixes from forum members etc.. think BIG!

Back
Top Bottom