DNB Awards Results (Apparently)

Spot on "Topaz" (if that is your real name)

Ray you're a top poster on here, but don't really agree with you here at all and I doubt many people will.

The main awards for our genre, all with categories starting with "Best.........", we obviously will look and it is quite clear that Original Sin isn't the "best" anything.

I know what you're saying, I'm not saying he is the best, when in fact he is a pretty cool dj. I like dj's that mix up all styles. O Sin doesn't really do this IMO.

What I'm saying is he won cos he got the most votes lol.

Rock did you vote?

But he is under that name lol, what if he came back under that name and made music that simply didn't sell? And therefore was Popular.

He got the award because that is what the majority of voters, voted for.

There should be a ruling about artists winning best break through. IE not winning more then once. How a dj/mc can break through twice is beyond me.

Please don't pick up on my spelling, I'm still on a major comedown lol

Oh Topaz out of interest did you vote?

i voted in the categories that gave me the choice of what i wanted yes. unfortunately the drop down menu didn't exactly list all the people that should have been on there. i think you'll find this is also a common complaint.

and soz with the comedown... you're = you are. your = ownership. i.e. you're being possessive over your records. help any?

:)

i voted in the categories that gave me the choice of what i wanted yes. unfortunately the drop down menu didn't exactly list all the people that should have been on there. i think you'll find this is also a common complaint.

and soz with the comedown... you're = you are. your = ownership. i.e. you're being possessive over your records. help any?

:)

Well you did your best, didn't you.

I don't know who picks the artist's for voting. The problem doesn't lie with the votes, it lies with the artists selected for voting.

I know what it means lol. Just not switched on. Did enough MD to keep me going for 27 hours. and then some.

Yerp I voted Ray.

I remember the hardest choice was track of the year for me, Take Me Away is fucking brilliant but so is Tear You Down. Both high quality productions to bring out some absolutely sick melodies. I can't actually remember which one I voted for in the end lol.

Yeah sorry about the comedown, I'm hitting Hospitality Friday so I'll be in your shoes on Saturday lol

as for the rave

was soo packed in main room!! one of the biggest ques ive seen to get in!!
was good to hear valve again..havent heard that bass for a while
Hype and Friction sets were best of the night..

owl_x.jpg

I gota bring this up but how the fuck are Noisia the best Tech DJs? Granted it depends which one out of them is DJin but some of their recorded sets are so fucking poor! There has to be better Techs DJs, can't think of any atm but best DJs they are not.

Before anyone says they are by far one the best producers ever!

lol
what has he actually done for the scene?
invented an irritating retarded style of mcin that requires no talent or creativity.

Do you really think he has done nothing for the scene???? for all his recent tunes do sound similar, he was (apparently) the mastermind behind G Dub - who helped shape jump up today!!!! You cant say hes done nothing man, thats just a bull-slaiger!!!!!

Oh and Jacomelli that tune Crissy drops with Mr Happy, Im pretty sure its a new Dillinja dub, the drums and samples have his name all over them.

Safe

Do you really think he has done nothing for the scene???? for all his recent tunes do sound similar, he was (apparently) the mastermind behind G Dub - who helped shape jump up today!!!! You cant say hes done nothing man, thats just a bull-slaiger!!!!!

Oh and Jacomelli that tune Crissy drops with Mr Happy, Im pretty sure its a new Dillinja dub, the drums and samples have his name all over them.

Safe

i agree...

BUT!! If it wasnt for Twisted Individual im pretty sure 90% of you guys who are into Jump-Up would know nothing about it.... and would probably still listening to chopper followed by bad ass.....

Im not into Jump up, i enjoy it at raves but mixing can seem bland and less involved with the set - all depends on the crown, the venue and my mood tbh. I still appreciate a good new 'fresh' sounding jump up tune - Warface, D/M's Remix!!!!!!!!!!

its cos they put the voting on the internet, they shud ask the ravers who turn up to the event to vote. for example- bassman winning an award?!!!!! are you crazy, im yet to hear someone put so little effort into being an MC, hes shite, n evry1 knows it, its just cos he has such a massive fanbase of brummy boons.
i agree with H shotta and marky, both had a wicked year. chases n status r good, but they also appeal to the pop-side of D&B, so people who know fuck all bout drum and bass vote for them.

non of the people i voted won, nothing at all. whats wrong with people nowadays. skibba is arrright but he dont deserve another award and original sin as a dj is pretty bollox. always been the same tho, wrong people get the wrong awards.

Back
Top Bottom