dnb album

Discussion in 'Production' started by moonglow359, Jul 22, 2012.

1. moonglow359

moonglow359 I've been naughty, I'm banned

I'm thinking of doing a dnb album... Should I go for it?

I did one but some tunes were a tad too weird IMO, but this time I wanna nail it.

I release it on my own. Not huge exposure, but I'm ok, I don't care about money much and I don't DJ or ever will (IMO).

Here's one I finished today.

and here's two I wanted to include in the album, but the files won't work anymore after a studio accident, so it's all over NEW again and the upper track is fresh with wavs already exported.

basically I can't put them to .wav since I have only 320 kbps and I Can't use it on my album because ex. junodownload takes only .wav (not mp3) for releases.

night of the damned (also free dl) (the project won't work and lost the wavs)

ok that's it , there's another tune I wanted to include it's called got gunz vip...

yes or no? I really want to , but I'm not sure I can cope with the production.

And help - Where to buy really good dnb breakbeats or download? I do a sick drum pattern but always miss that + to add a quite pre made sikk breakbeat.

Other than that, I have over 30 surge dnb patches programmed by me ready to be used.

p.s.

the more I make music, the harder is to name them.

2. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Wicked, off you go then (y)

3. moonglow359

moonglow359 I've been naughty, I'm banned

prob is I should be working something. Music doesn't bring far far enough money to work on it so much the way I do stuff.

4. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Well i've never made an album myself but i'm guessing you want some kind of central theme through it? Or just a collection of tunes? Sorry, just not exactly sure what kind of album you wanna create.

5. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

"Should I go for it?"

I'd reimagine your sound and spend a couple years producing...

Just saying what I'd do personally. The idea of putting a record out is great though!

6. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

If you're making music with the endgame of money in mind, you should pursue another path. I'm not saying this to be a dick by any means, but in order to put food on the table there should always be another source of income coming in.

You should create your album with the mindset that you will not make money. This way you can simply sit back and produce tracks without having to constantly ask yourself "Will be people like this enough to buy it?"

Cheers.