dmst - jungle jam

this is a really nice start man, reminded me a lot of Bonobo (Kota)

just had a quick listen and i reckon if you carried the atmos stuff over past the drop it'd flow much better

not necessarily the strings, but the general airyness

lush start mate but you lost me at the drop.

i was expecting some really nice, simple, slow and rolling break to come in. but it just drops to jungle and ya lost me.

was kinda feeling a spectrasoul vibe to start with.

haha thanks guys, yeah it was pretty much 2 songs that werent working on their own but sounded ok together so i jammed that sequence out live. completely understand people no digging it cause its so rough, i figured better to at least get some feedback then let it melt into my harddrive.

cheers for listening guys

this is a really nice start man, reminded me a lot of Bonobo (Kota)

just had a quick listen and i reckon if you carried the atmos stuff over past the drop it'd flow much better

not necessarily the strings, but the general airyness

I love you. Honestly.

Completely the same feeling here. First thing I thought of was Bonobo, oh how I worship that musician <3

AAaaaaanyway, @ topic.

Obviously I love the intro, big big big bigggg ups for that. I have to agree with elmaruk though, the drop isn't what I'd hoped for :(
Too rough and especially too instant. There's no subtle build.. Also the melody of the intro is instantly lost upon the drop.
In stead of letting the melody come back at the 2nd part of the 1st verse, I suggest you keep the melody of the intro on the 1st part of the 1st verse and then make an alternative melody for the 2nd part...
As for the drums; some EQ'ing here and there, but again large fckn ups for them. I loooveeee that roffle (is it called like that in English? - fast touching the snare without really hitting, more like reverberating your sticks on it..)

I'd say: definitely go through with this track, it has the potential to be trully, utterly amazing

p.s. thanks for this great idea, I think I'll give it a go too; making the eastern kind of lounge like bonobo combined with dnb. I won't copy, but the idea is golden.

cheers for listening man, youll love the original song i sampled if you like the vibes but im afraid im a cunt and cant tell you who the artist is (its not bonobo but i also do adore his tunes, hes coming to australia cant wait to see him live finally)
love the idea about the melody though, should have thought of it myself! nothing like listening to a tune and going i would have done this and this an this, its the reason why i started making beats besides the babes
glad you liked the vibes though man, chopping breaks will outlive most current dnb by a long shot. keep it alive
unless the response was from a label wanting to sign i highly doubt ill ever go back to this one. got so sick of listening to the break

Back
Top Bottom